NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
Manage implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of all Desktops, Laptops, Mobile phones and Print Services focusing on a Standard Build for Desktop, Virtual Desktop, Office end user applications and Remote printing to enable the use of appropriate platform technology as an integral and reliable component of business processes.
Assist the IT department to identify control, record, report, audit and verify IT Assets and Configuration Items, including attributes, relationships and constituent and overall management of IT asset life cycle from procurement, distribution, reallocation and disposal.
Drive convergence of technologies, ensure delivery of technology projects associated with End User Computing and liaise and negotiate with internal customers and technology vendors.
Accountability: Service (End User Computing (EUT)) Infrastructure Availability
The prime responsibility is for maintaining the availability and reliability of GTIS End User Computing to ensure that IT can effectively meet service targets in accordance with planned business objectives.
- Provide a range of End User Computing service availability reporting to ensure that agreed levels of availability, reliability and maintainability are measured and monitored on an ongoing basis
- Successfully facilitate delivery of changes to reports needed by the business and ensure that reports and their dependencies are made available for the business.
- Provide holistic support of End User Computing service availability to Business Users
- Take actions to achieve reductions in frequency and duration of incidents that impact End User Computing service availability
- Ensure shortfalls End User Computing availability are recognized and appropriate corrective actions are identified and progressed
- Initiate and coordinate actions required to maintain or improve availability of End User Computing service
- Act as a coordination point for changes to GTIS End User Computing infrastructure when needed
- Maintain an awareness of technology advancements and best practices that support End User Computing service availability
- End User Computing components management i.e. Unsupported Infrastructure and Application Management (EUT UIA)
Asset and Configuration Management
- Help define and maintain Configuration Item (CI) naming and numbering conventions in Service now
- Support compliance to Configuration Item (CI) registration procedures
- Interfaces with Finance team to perform mass updates, corrections, or attribute changes to the asset tool database
- Ensure detected exceptions are categorized and managed back through the appropriate corrective action control process
- Performs regular housekeeping on asset tool database by maintaining value lists and archival process information
- Responsible for the day to day hands on operations of the process
- Verifies Asset tool database data against proposed changes and implemented changes
- Verify all information on assets disposed as per procedure and update the inventory list
- Assist in conducting audits
- Work with Finance: Asset Manager to ensure all company’s assets are consolidated, traced, recorded and properly monitored.
Asset MI Reporting
- Prepare an asset inventory list; distribute the list to each Department/branch quarterly and dept/branch will be responsible to verify the accuracy of the inventory listed by physically identifying those assets on the list that are accounted for. The dept/branch is also responsible for adding any asset that is not included on the listing
- Compile any exceptions in order to provide a complete accounting of all assets recorded in the inventory system
- Conducts inventories and reconcile all technology assets with current IT Assets and financial database on quarterly basis
Provide reports on the status of Configuration Items (CIs)
Accountability: Test Management
Responsibility is to ensure that proper testing occurs for all GTIS End User Computing changes released into the production environments as assigned to you by Line Management
- Work closely with Release/AV/Patches Analysts
- Review releases/AV/patches and assign appropriate release testing tasks
- Compile and review the Testing Deliverables
- Conduct installation procedure tests
- Participate in functional, performance, and integration testing results
- Coordinate user acceptance testing
- Coordinate back out testing
- Conduct supporting documentation review
- Compile test results
- Conduct release test review
- Coordinate post release testing
- Validate and communicate results of testing activities
Accountability: Risk Management
- Build relationship with country IT Risk and Governance team and provide support wherever required.
- Contribute and deliver to the improvement of the risk profile by delivering improved governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements.
Accountability: People Management
- Responsible for leading and guiding outsourced End User Support Engineers to provide end user support services in agreed levels of availability, reliability and maintainability.
- Responsible for driving own Performance Development, collating relevant documentation, preparing for and arranging reviews.
- By utilizing skills matrix, identify training and development requirements, formulating own plan to be agreed with team leader. Responsible for ensuring own plan is completed within agreed timescales.
Undertake all necessary training in order to perform the role to the required standards, including gaining accreditation where appropriate.
Analytical Thinking – Basic (Meets all of the requirements), Bachelor’s Degree – Information Technology, Enabling team success (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Experience in a similar environment at junior specialist level, IT Infrastructure & Assets (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), IT Support (Meets all of the requirements), Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Quality orientation (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)