JOB ADVERTISEMENT FOR ENVIRONMENTAL SPECIALIST AND SOCIAL SPECIALIST REFERENCE NO: CPP-PROC-TZ-20221222
China Petroleum Pipeline Engineering Co., Ltd. (hereinafter abbreviated as CPP) as Pipeline, Feeder line & Above Ground Installation Contractor for the East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP) Project invites experienced and reputable candidates to apply for the positions of Environmental Specialist/Advisor or Social Specialist based in Tanzania. All Tanzanians with the following qualifications and who are ready to work for EACOP Project should apply.
The EACOP Project involves the development, construction, operation and maintenance of a crude oil export pipeline that originates in Kabaale, Uganda and delivers oil for marine export on the East African coast in the Tanga area in Tanzania.
Requirements For Environmental Specialist:
- Experience: 08 + Years professional experience conducting environmental domains
- Education: Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in environmental domain
Environmental Specialist/ Advisor
The candidate will be expected to carry out associated environmental investigations and reporting, including contributions to design and contract documentation. The role will cover projects from conception through to delivery on site, so there is likely to be a requirement to support/monitor the work and to undertake environmental inspections and audits at construction sites, or to support others undertaking these tasks.
The candidate must:
- Be able to develop, review, update and implement Environmental procedures and plans as per the requirement of the project.
- Be able to Present innovative solution to environmental issues.
- Collect data and analyze environmental aspects and impacts associated with project activities and be able to offer practical solution.
- Guide Management as how to efficiently minimize generation of waste and the cost-effective means of disposing it off.
- Be well versed with local and international environmental laws and regulations.
- Make recommendations to maintain and improve environmental performance.
- Be responsible for providing technical help and support for eradicating various environmental problems.
- Understand environmental audits and must be able to generate report independently.
- Possess the ability to effectively prepare investigation reports and suggest corrective actions.
- Be able to establish and maintain communication channels with stakeholder for their environmental concerns
Requirements for Social Specialist:
- Experience: 08 + Years professional experience conducting social domains
- Education: Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Social/ equivalent Social Specialist
- Develop, implement and maintain a consistent strategy on stakeholder’s engagement establishing cordial relationship with host communities and other relevant stakeholders.
The candidate must:
- Know to organize regular engagements in Project Affected Communities and how to collect concerns and questions raised by local stakeholders.
- Be able to establish close communication with stakeholders to collect input of their concerns.
- Possess understanding of District, Ward, Village and Hamlet level stakeholder and how they may be affected by work activities
- Be able to assist environmental, social teams and others during field visits and develop consultation process with communities, local governments and other legislative bodies.
- Possess the abilities to explain and convince local communities about the benefits arising from the project both short term and long-term benefits.
- Possess understanding of construction activities at various locations along with the type of community engagement required
- Be able to develop and Implement stakeholder engagement activity plan for each community.
- Possess deep understanding of grievance management system in context with local and Client’s requirement.
- Keep the management updated on community issues and their grievances.
- Record and report community concerns and project related grievances to prepare and deliver prompt response.
- Maintain comprehensive records of stakeholder engagement process related information such as minutes of meetings, Written and visual evidences, Attendance sheets and disseminate the same to client.
- Generate daily, weekly and monthly stakeholder engagement reports to keep all relevant authorities updated
How to Apply:
Please ensure that you mention www.mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Interested individuals with the capacity and willingness to work with CPP in the position mentioned above at EACOP should send application and CV to CPP Human Resource Office through e-mail [email protected] on or before 17:00 hours East African Time (EAT), on 12th January, 2023. Subject of the email should be CPP-PROC-TZ-20221222_Job Application for Environmental/ Social Specialist – NAME.
WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
The deadline for submitting the application is 11 January 2023.
NOTICE: NO HIRING AT THE GATE!
Application is completely free, do not pay to apply or to get a job!
For inquiries (working hours): Call: 0767363968, 0745787988 Issued On this 22 day of December, 2022 by Human Resource Officer (China Petroleum Pipeline Engineering Co. Ltd.)
- Total Jobs 2 Jobs
- Location Tanga