We are currently looking for dynamic, and self motivated Catering Sales professionals who want to move their careers forward.
As an Events Manager you are responsible for the success of the meeting, catering and event segment of the hotel. You will secure the business, plan meetings / events, co-ordinate with hotel operations and clients before, during and after each meeting / event and your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Responsible for selling off-site events and locations
• Handle all meetings and catering enquiries according to standard procedures
• Act as a one-stop shop for clients for detailed event planning and work closely with banquet operations, food & beverage management, rooms division operation, finance and external suppliers
• Satisfy the need of the clients whilst optimizing hotel revenue through strategic yield management and up selling of hotel facilities and services
• Work closely with the area sales MICE team to achieve monthly sales target
• Conduct site inspections, client entertainment and familiarization
• Send all correspondence to clients regarding banquet events, such as proposals, confirmation or agreement letter, amendments, etc.
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should ideally have a degree in hospitality with previous experiences in catering sales within a hotel. Excellent written and verbal English communication skills and strong interpersonal and negotiations skills are essentials. Computer literate and previous experiences with Opera are an advantage.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be customer driven and an extremely proactive and focused personality with an outgoing, charismatic and approachable character. You will work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and be a great team player, portraying a structured and goal oriented work philosophy and possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding Hotel Operations
Planning for Business
Drive for Results