We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Data Insights, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Implement, Dalberg Media and Dalberg Research, and a not-for-profit, Dalberg Catalyst, our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere – an African and American company as much as an Asian, Middle Eastern, and European one.
Dalberg is a place where a diverse mix of talented individuals are able to bring their authentic selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, the way you worship. Dalberg is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured and encouraged to grow.
As a team of 700+ people from 55 countries, speaking over 90 languages collectively, with a 40% female leadership team, Dalberg places diversity, equity and inclusion principles at the heart of our organization and the work we do alongside our clients, partners and communities.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 29 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit www.dalberg.com
Typical Qualifications for an Executive Assistant:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years of work experience, with at least 2-3 years in an Executive Assistant role to a Vice President/Director level in an MNC.
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders and working with senior management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Note: Employment in all the Dalberg offices is conditional on the candidate having or obtaining the requisite authorization to live and work in that country.
WHAT YOU WILL DO AND HOW YOU WILL GROW
As an Executive Assistant, you will be primarily expected to support the Global Chief Operating Officer and one or more partners across Dalberg’s Europe offices. You will be required to operate out of one of our Europe or Africa offices.
- Diary and calendar management, including scheduling and facilitating meetings, prioritising meetings as required, optimizing time and schedules, etc.
- Expense management: tracking expenses, managing invoices, preparing and submitting expense reports.
- Administrative support:
- Travel and logistics: managing travel including flights, hotels, visa requirements, and local travel arrangements.
- Support with logistics for team meetings, workshops, and conferences.
- Document handling, email management, etc.
- Preparing basic pre and post-meeting notes for client meetings, undertaking basic research as required, preparing PowerPoint slides, writing memos, etc.
Dalberg is a platform for change. Our staff is empowered to start new programs, institute best practices, and develop traditions that will define the Dalberg experience for years to come.
Note: This is a part-time role with an option to extend to full time in the future.
ABOUT OUR CLIENTS
Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global challenges, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We are entrepreneurs and innovators, designers and creative problem solvers, thinkers, and doers who supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world. Some of our recent clients include foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, corporations such as Pepsi and Vodafone, multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank, UN agencies such as UNICEF and the UNEP, and government agencies such as the Ethiopian Ministry of Innovation and Technology, USAID, and India’s NITI Aayog.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Our current opportunity is open for hybrid work in Abidjan, Addis Ababa, Brussels, Copenhagen, Dar es Salaam, Geneva, Johannesburg, Kigali, Lagos, London, and Nairobi; with options for virtual/ remote work options across Africa and Europe.
Please submit your application at our Career Centre, by 11:59 EST on 04 December 2022.
Owing to the large number of applications we receive; unfortunately, only successful candidates will be contacted.