Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Interact with guests in a courteous, polite and helpful manner.
- Display a high level of guest concern and customer care at all times.
- Attain knowledge of services and amenities offered by the Lodge and surrounding community.
- Perform quality inspections throughout the hotel checking all the rooms, public areas and gardens to ensure the highest levels of hygiene.
- Management of the human resources of the housekeeping team namely hiring, training, providing performance evaluations and schedule needed staff to cover shifts.
- Responsible for maintaining Housekeeping inventory supplies and amenities ensuring that they are within the budget allocated.
- Deal with housekeeping related complaints from both staff and guests.
- Communicate with other Heads of Department to ensure that quality standards are met throughout the hotel.
- To ensure that health and safety standards knowledge is taught to the team as well as the use of machinery and chemicals in all sections of the Housekeeping department.
- Preparation of Standard Operating Procedures to be used in the department.
- At times will be required to step in and assist in room attendant/ Laundry or Public area attendant duties whenever staff is unwell or there is a lot of work pressure.
- Manage the storage and handling of lost and found property.
- Complete special projects assigned by management.
- Participate in team meetings and lodge briefings.
- To continually contribute towards the achievement of the Housekeeping team’s objectives and organisation’s goals.
- Attend regular appraisal meetings.
- Participate in a continuous training programme.
- Attend on and off site skills training.
- To participate in assessment and evaluation processes, reviewing your progress towards achieving your personal objectives.
- English language proficiency
- Five year work experience or more
- Ability to work flexible and if needed long hours
- Organisation skills
- Time management skills
- Critical thinking to recognize problems and identify solutions
- Managerial skills to oversee others
Send you application letter, CV with three references from your previous managers to [email protected]