POST OF EXECUTIVE SECRETARY (TAOMAC)
Location: Dares Salaam
Tanzania Association of Oil Marketing Companies (TAOMAC) was registered on March, 23, 2000 under the Registrar of Societies in the Ministry of Home Affairs. Objective of TAOMAC is to be a Service Provider’s Platform for Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) that are in the business of importation, storage and distribution of petroleum white products (Diesel, Petrol, Jet A1 and Kerosene) as well as lubricants and bitumen. TAOMAC operates under a board of Governors (BOG) whose members are elected at AGM. Executive Secretary is accountable for and operates the day to day affairs of the Association and reports to the BOG and to AGM.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
TAOMAC is recruiting for an EXECUTIVE SECRETARY (E.S.) to the BOG who shall be required to execute various roles and responsibilities including but not limited to: –
- Manage TAOMAC office on daily basis and execute routine activities.
- Plan and implement advocacy and to network closely with Prime Minister’s Office, Key Stakeholder Ministries and Agents that have direct interests in the importation and marketing of petroleum products; (i.e. Finance -TRA; Infrastructure -TPA, TASAC; Trade -TBS & WAMA; Water- EWURA and Energy-PBPA).
- Address the common constraints facing the OMCs activities and assist to look for and provide solutions.
- Organise and conduct meetings of BOG, AGM, EGM and all adhoc members meetings when called to meet with Ministers, officials and or respective Agents.
- Develop and implement strategies aimed at promoting TAOMAC Vision, Mission and Goals through development of Budgeted Action Plan (BAP).
- Coordinate and actively work with Tanzania Private Sector Foundation (TPSF) in the implementation of Blue Print Action Plan (BPAP) and National Private Sector Development Policy, 2019, with objective of securing enhanced Representation of Private Sector Interests by the Government mandating individuals and enterprises joining at least ONE of private sector organisation and ultimately to secure SINGLE VOICE of Private Sector.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the BOG from time to time.
- An applicant should have 10 years’ experience or more, working in the Government or private sector in senior management position. Holder of a Master’s Degree in Economics, or Finance, or Legal or any of the related fields.
- Must have excellent communication (oral and written) skills, presentation skills, and public speaking skills.
- Must have integrity and accountability with a proven clean track record.
- Must provide reference from previous employers.
- Previous experience within the downstream oil industry would be an added advantage.
Mode of Application:
All applications shall be sent to
VOUCHER NUMBER 1309
P.O. BOX 9033
DAR ES SALAAM.