Position: Field Interviewer (5 Posts)
Reports To: Project Leader
Work Station: Dar es Salaam & Pwani
Apply By: April 20th 2023
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research, service delivery and policy translation.
Ifakara is seeking qualified and experienced Field Interviewers. The Field Interviewers will work in the HYBRID project to consent and conduct interviews with participants in the course of project implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform screening and enrollment of participants in the study.
- Safekeeping, maintenance and return of project equipment given to him/her for the purpose of the survey.
- Conduct interviews with respondents as assigned by a Supervisor or Project Leader.
- Behave in good manners and interact well with other team members, the interviewees and the community at large.
- Perform any other task as required by the supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
- Secondary school education or Diploma in Community Development, Social Work, Sociology or any other related field.
- Experience in conducting research in clinical settings is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Qualitative interview skills.
- Ability to use computer application programs, and tablets for data collection.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Responsibility, Integrity, Respect and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Friday, April 20th, 2023. All e-mail application subject lines should include: FIELD INTERVIEWER – HYBRID STUDY. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania