Finance & Administration Manager
We are looking for a highly skilled, creative Finance & Administration Manager who will oversees the provision of integrated range of services in finance and human resources in an effective service platform for Tanzania Country office and provide professional advice in the subject areas.
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children. We ensure families can access clean water, food, training, and health care. We enable entire communities to be free from hunger. With more than 7,900 staff in 50 countries, our programs reached 14.7 million people in 2017.
About the program
Action Against Hunger was established in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania in 2015 and initiated institutional and partnering support work in the context of renewed development partners’ efforts to address the prevalence and burden of child undernutrition. Following a multi-sectorial needs assessment conducted by Action Against Hunger in Dodoma and Singida regions, we launched a IMAM scale-up programme that employs the Technical Assistance and Health System Strengthening approach to enable the district-level authorities to improve and scale-up IMAM. Our interventions aim at also fostering communities’ engagement in IMAM programme and also pilot innovative approaches that could boost the effectiveness and coverage of IMAM services.
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by…
overseeing quality service delivery against needs, anticipate delivery challenges to ensure service continuity and communicate to stakeholders to ensure programme objectives are achieved
Key activities in your role will include:
1.Country Office Finance Management
· Ensure proper implementation of Action Against Hunger’s financial rules and procedures.
· Responsible for the financial authorization of the expenses done in the mission in compliance with financial procedures and monthly cash forecast.
· Record all working advances in the advance book and follow up on their clearance by staff on a timely basis.
· Ensure that each cash & bank transaction is justified by an appropriate invoice/receipt, and to ensure the quality of receipts (name, patent no., stamp, description, date, amount, etc.).
· Responsible for proper & regular filing of all finance documents at the base.
· Where required and in consultation with the Technical Coordinator and Technical Head of Department, provide inputs to budget proposal design and procurement plan design.
· Check availability of funds for all activities and expenses; validate the procurement requests and Supply Purchase Orders (SPOs).
· Hold monthly Budget Follow Up (BFU) meetings at country level and communicate feedback to Finance Department in New York.
· Ensure that correct budget lines are used for each activity & expenses- link to Procurement Follow Up (PFU) and Budget Follow Up.
Cash & Bank Management
· To ensure Action Against Hunger’s finance procedures and Cash Management Policy are followed at the base & capital level.
· Conduct monthly cash and bank reconciliation.
· Ensure safekeeping of Action Against Hunger funds and assets.
· Make cash count at least once a week and at the end of each month (in writing).
· Consolidate the base cash forecasts. Ensure liquidity at base level- sending balances to Capital, follow up on transfers to bases.
· Ensure country office expenditures are in line with the approved cash forecast, analyse discrepancy between actual expenditures and cash forecast.
· Record all transactions in the SAGA or Excel cashbook in full respect of internal saga rules. This cashbook & bank book must be updated daily to be able to verify the physical bank & cash balance at any time.
· Ensure that correct budget lines are used for each activity & expenses – link to PFU and BFU.
· Responsible for the accountancy monthly closing: check all books and transmit all documents before the 10th of the following month to finance HQ team.
2.Country Office Administration Management
Administration of Employment practices
· Implementation of the staff regulation in the country office.
· To implement all HR procedures, projects and initiatives in the country office and to propose to the Technical Co-ordinator new procedures where required.
· To maintain staff data at country level.
· Management of staff leave (planning and follow-up).
· Ensure the Payroll Alteration Forms (PAF) is remitted to Regional Office by the 15th of every month for payroll processing.
· Responsible for all HR filing in the Mission to include recruitment files, personnel files etc.
Human Resource Planning, Talent Acquisition and On boarding
· In collaboration with the Technical Coordinator and the Regional Office, participate in the talent acquisition process at country level to include, job posting on advertising platforms, long and shortlisting, participate in strategy intake meetings with hiring managers, interview scheduling, preparing interview guides, conducting interviews and reference checks for selected candidates.
· In charge of staff on boarding at country level. The tasks involve preparing induction schedules, collecting all required documents as per the employee personnel checklist and filing them for safe custody.
· In consultation with the Technical Coordinator, advise on staffing needs.
· Responsible for the end-to-end of contract management and personnel administration for country office staff.
· Responsible for staff welfare at the mission level to include but not limited to staff meetings, medical, contributions etc.
· To ensure that each disciplinary action is justified, compliant to the law and staff regulation, and validated by Deputy Director HRLD.
· To prepare for the base all proposition regarding changes in the HR policy, i.e. organization chart, comments on the salary grading structure and to be communicated to the Deputy Director HRLD who will liaise with other coordination
· Be a change champion for HR initiatives and projects in the mission
· Working closely with the Deputy Director HRLD, assist in the implementation of HR projects and initiatives at the country level
· Min. BSc degree in Business Administration, Economics, Commerce, HR or related studies
· Basic knowledge of and interpretation of the Tanzanian labour laws
· Excellent analytical and writing skills.
· Problem Solver.
· Strong leadership skills
· Compatibility for both independent and team work.
· Persuasive and confident communicator, able to deal with senior colleagues throughout the organisation.
· Persistence and assertiveness combined with tact and diplomacy.
· 3 -5 years’ experience in similar position.
· Demonstrated flexibility and or adaptability.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated experience and/or personal commitment to promoting gender equality within the humanitarian and/or development work.
· Good knowledge of IT applications including accounting software. Knowledge of SAGA will be an added advantage.
· Working experience in international humanitarian organization is desirable.
· Ability to work in a remote/basic environment with limitations in terms of movement, etc.
· You are fluent in written & spoken English.
· You have the ability to explain complex concepts in straight-forward language.
· Your work style builds confidence with others, and you believe that every problem has a solution. It is the way we approach the problem that makes the difference.
· You are able to remain calm under pressure and can easily adapt to changing circumstances
· You are ready and willing to integrate into hard working and fun team that believes in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.
Our Core values.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate Action Against Hunger-USA-USA’s five core competencies
Respect- we work with compassion and dedication, treating everyone the same way we expect them to treat us.
Integrity-: we believe that being honest and fair is integral to every aspect of our work; conducting our work with a spirit of sincerity, truthfulness and transparency is imperative.
Creativity-we encourage new ideas, embrace innovative solutions, and create opportunities for meaningful and exciting ways to do our jobs and provide solutions to address the needs of the populations we serve.
Excellence– we strive to provide services that meet, and even exceed, the expectations of our stakeholders (populations in need, staff, communities and donors).
Empowerment– we are committed to fostering an environment in which our staff, partners and communities where we work have the space to grow, develop and feel confident about participating.
What we offer.
Action Against Hunger-USA values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: –
· Health Insurance
· Paid annual leave (vacation)
· Training opportunities
For an all-inclusive list of benefits, check the Action Against Hunger-USA Website
Interested? Then apply for this position by following the link to submit their application: https://action-against-hunger.workable.com/jobs/800186
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated resume and both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. Closing date for applications: 6th of September 2018 5 PM EAT.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO TANZANIAN NATIONALS ONLY
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Action Against Hunger-USA complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
For further information about Action Against Hunger-USA, please visit our website www.actionagainsthunger.org
Be cautious: Never pay for securing a job: No Real employer seeks any fee from a job-seeker at any stage of the hiring process. MABUMBE does not charge candidates for job applications or job offers. Mabumbe.com is committed to ensuring that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities. Report any employer asking Money from you.
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts!