Finance & Administration Officer (FAO), Mikocheni, Dar Es Salaam, Global Communities (formerly CHF International)
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable. Its mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is looking for a qualified Finance and Administration Officer (FAO) for the Agribusiness Investment for Market Stimulation (AIMS) program designed to bolster trade by increasing access to finance and expanded markets for small and medium agribusiness enterprises operating in Kenya, Tanzania and Malawi.
The FAO will be responsible for providing financial, administration and human resources services to Global Communities’ activities in Tanzania. He/she will specifically maintain accounting systems, support financial reporting, oversee financial records management and provide human resources and administration support. He/she will ensure compliance with donor and Global Communities regulations, policies and procedures.
This position is based in Dar-es-Salaam and reports to the Program Manager in Tanzania, with a technical reporting responsibility to the Director of Finance and Human Resource (DFHR) in Nairobi.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Providing financial management for the GC Tanzania program.
• Prepare timely, quality and accurate financial reports and practices, including ensuring all reports are submitted on time.
• Maintain filing systems to ensure adequate documentation of all financial processes.
• Ensure proper financial controls are in place, appropriate and functional and are regularly reviewed.
• Prepare, monitor and analyze budgets including preparing profit and loss statements;preparing financial reports and making recommendations to the DFHR on budget expenditures and cash flows.
• Monitor expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately and within the budgets.
• Ensure optimum financial monitoring of all sub grants in Tanzania.
• Support annual program financial audits as well as ensuring that sub grantees comply with all audit and financial review requirements.
• Perform regular OFAC checks for Tanzania program staff, suppliers, consultants, partners and contractors.
• Assisting program development and proposal preparation as needed.
• Adhere to and incorporate into day-to-day operations the GC office Standards of Professionalism.
• Uphold and enforce GC policies and procedures.
Human Resources Management
• Maintain complete personnel files and records, including recruitment, ID and passport, education and other personal certifications, employee information forms, statutory, timesheets, performance, leave forms, disciplinary and other required documentation.
• Record and Monitor scheduled absences such as sick, maternity, annual leave or any other leave.
• Coordinate staff exit procedures including exit interviews and evaluations and clearance checks.
• Ensure accurate record-keeping for payroll, pay slips and all non-optional deductions and staff benefits.
• Provide oversight and support to the office administration assistant to ensure that the office block, the compound are properly maintained and that utilities are efficiently utilized and promptly paid.
• Develop and maintain a system for allocation of vehicles and drivers to program assignments and that vehicle usage is accurately documented through mileage logs.
• Ensure that all inventory items are tagged upon purchase and inventoried in accordance to the set policies
• Ensure that Global Communities general risks are appropriately insured and that compensation is sought for any risks that may materialize.
• Ensure the office block is compliant with statutory requirements on occupation safety.
• Review procurement actions.
• In liaison with the Program Manager, draft, implement and update a security risk management plan and associated templates.
The duties listed above are not inclusive of all the duties of the position at GC. GC reserves the right to change and update position descriptions at any time.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor of Commerce or Bachelor of Business Administration in finance, accounting and holder of intermediate level accounting qualifications.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 5 years related experience; and strong computer skills
• Minimum of 3years’ experience working with foreign donors (preferably US Government donors)
• Advanced knowledge of computerized accounting (QuickBooks), demonstrated organizational skills, and strong track record in meeting deliverables.
• Advanced working knowledge of MS Word and Excel computer programs
• Prior experience in grants management programming
• Demonstrate flexibility, cultural sensitivity when working with NGO partners, and the ability to adapt GC policies and procedures to the local context
• Advanced interpersonal communication skills, relationship building and organization skills;
• A person of known integrity
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of all privileged information regarding both human resources and fiscal matters.
• Demonstrated ability to work constructively in a team
• Ability to interact clearly and effectively with donors and other organizations
• Excellent command of English and Kiswahili languages including written and spoken.
• Based in the Dar es Salaam office with occasional travel within and outside the country as required to perform duties.
• Able to work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
Apply via email to: [email protected] Please Quote the position title on the email subject while sending your application, attach your CV and cover letter.
Please ensure that you mention mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.