Gabriella Children Rehabilitation centre (GCRC) is Non government organization located at Hai
district- Kilimanjaro region .our Vision is provision of excellent rehabilitation services for children
and youth with Autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders which affect their cognitive,
psychosocial and physical development. If you are a motivated and passionate individual who
shares our conviction that children and youth with disability should live dignified life and become
valuable contributing member of their community , we want to hear from you. Please consider
applying for the position below.
Finance And Administrative Manager
DEPARTMENT : FINANCIAL DEPARTMENT
Employment Type: contract.
Location: Hai Kilimanjaro.
Reports to: Executive Director
- You will have a Bachelors in Business Commerce/Accounting/Finance or other related fields
from a recognized University. Professional qualification in accountancy such as CPA or ACCA
- At least 3 years work experience in accounting and/or finance in a donor funded organization
or projects and in project office administration.
- Solid knowledge and experience of generally acceptable accounting practices, financial
systems, budget and cash flow monitoring and accounting controls in an international context.
- Skills in excellent communication and interpersonal skills, competent IT skills, solid planning
and organization skills, strong numerical skills and attention to details, uphold integrity, team
player and leader and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Knowledge of Great Plains, QuickBooks or Peachtree will be an asset
Fluent in written and spoken English and Swahili.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES;
- Preparations of annual operational and pure program budget and expenditure forecasts
for office operations and ensure that spending is within approved budget.
- Conduct 100% review of project financial documents for accuracy, reliability,
completeness and compliance with the Contribution Agreement compliance
- Provide the program staff with quarterly budget variance report and track justifications
- Provide effective support to project staff in understanding and implementing GCRC
financial and administrative policies and procedures, including effective and regular use
of the contracts database.
- Ensure the production of accurate and timely financial information, including reviewing
financial transactions, journal entries, account reconciliations, financial analysis, and
reports before they are submitted to the board and donor.
- Ensure the accuracy of GCRC information entered in the Contracts Database and that
all related milestones are always kept up to date by Project Officers.
- Support the Contracting and Procurement Officer in the process of purchasing of office
equipment and supplies as per GCRC procurement guidelines and delegated authority
and arrange payments.
- Assist project staff in developing budgets for project activities and processing of budget
modification requests for Board approvals.
- Make payments for all approved office operations on time and accurately.
- Manage office petty cash and keep petty cash transaction records up to date.
- Prepare regular cash flows projections based on approved budgets and request cash
- Prepare monthly financial reports and ensure appropriate coding/allocations.
- Coordinate project audits, including preparation of financial reports and submission of
financial support documents.
- Managing service providers by drafting administrative agreements and ensuring that
services are provided as per the requirements of the service agreements.
- Maintain inventories of all office fixed assets, office equipment and supplies and ensure
that equipment and fixed assets are insured, properly maintained and damages and
- Ensure the project office is kept in clean and habitable condition through supervision of
- Ensure the drivers fill, complete and submit monthly vehicle logs.
- Develop business plans for income generating activities and projects. Ensuring
implementation and follow up, such as Bakery,workshops, production units and others
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Language: (Fluent) spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- Qualities: dynamic team player able to work independently; excellent inter-personal skills.
- Ability to use electronic financial system, Microsoft Office (including MSWord, Excel and
- PowerPoint) required.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND MODE OF APPLICATIONS
All letters of interest individuals are to be type written and contain copies of Curriculum vitae,
copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three referees, and daytime telephone contact. You can submit your application through email only, Kindly use the address below:
NB: We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. GCRC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
At Gabriella children’s Rehabilitation centre we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work.
We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. The posts is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
The Executive Director,
GABRIELLA CHILDREN’S REHABILIATION CENTRE
P.O Box 9626, MOSHI, TANZANIA
DEADLINE OF APPLICATION
Applications should reach GCRC not later than 24 th October, 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews and follow up information.