Right To Play is a global organization committed to improving the lives of children and youth affected by conflict, disease and poverty. Established in 2000. Right To Play has pioneered a unique play-based approach to learning and development which focuses on quality education, life skills, health, gender equality, child protection and building peaceful communities. With programming in over 15 countries. Right To Play transforms the lives of more than one million children each week, both inside and outside of the classroom. In addition to our work with chidren. Right To Play advocates with parents, local communities.and governments to advance the fundamental rights of all chidren.
Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto. Canada and has operations in North America. Europe, the Middle East. Africa and Asia.
In Tanzania. Right To Play is legally registered under the NGO act of 2002 with certificate of compliance number 1501 working in Dar Es Salaam, Kigoma, Morogoro and Mara.
Right lb Play is recruiting exciting positions to support implementation of education program in Kibondo Kigoma
|Position||– Finance Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||– March 7th . 2020|
|Work location:||– Kibondo- Kigoma|
|Authorized to Work in||– Tanzania (for Tanzanian national only)|
|Employment Start Date:||– Immediately|
|Contract Duration:||– 1 year with possibility of Extension based on funding availability.|
The Finance Coordinator reports directly to the Project Officer and technically to the Finance Manager. The incumbent is responsible for providing supports to the Finance Manager in financial administration tasks such as data entry processing transactions, ensuring all transaction supporting documents are complete and property filed and reconciling bank accounts entries. In addition, the incumbent supports the Logistics related functions in the respective project location.
Accounting (65% of Time)
- Performs three-way match in comparing invoice with purchase order and goods received note before processing any payment.
- Ensures that all documents are complete with the appropriate supporting documents, reviewed and approved before processing for payment
- Reviews transaction-supporting documents to ensure that all are complete and filed accadingly.
- Ensures that all payments are made on time.
- Follows up on bank transactions to ensure all are processed; files hardcopies and generates reports.
- Posts all financial transactions into the RTP Finance System and then imports all data to the Accounting management system.
- Produces monthly bank reconciliation statements and consolidates these in hard copy for review by the Finance Manager.
- Oversees the management of petty cash in the project location including bookkeeping.
- Reviews all petty cash expenditures and replenishment requests when two-thirds of the money is spent.
- Ensures budget follow up and the correct use of all the donor codes.
- Ensures proper filling of all financial documentation for cash and expense management for the duty station.
- Assists in cash planning and forecast for the duty station.
- Ensures the elaboration, maintenance, and reconciliation of cashbooks.
- Prepares financial reports and forecasts.
Financial implementation and management (20% of Time)
- Supports in the Implementation of accounting system and finance function.
- Produces and presents regular financial and written finance reports.
- Provides assistance in preparing year-end accounts in line with regulatory requirements ready for audit
- Leads on the maintenance of financial elements of RTP risk register.
- Ensures restricted funding is ring-fenced and complies with grant conditions.
- Ensures the Organization complies with the financial requirements of the Donors.
- Assists with preparing budgets for funding application.
- Supports Finance Manager on staff trainings on RTP rulers, policies and procedures and donor requirements.
- Supports partners on compliance matters and ensure timely submission of reports that are accurate and complete.
- Supports Finance Manager to ensure that partners are aware and adhering to partnership manuals procedures;
Team management and supervision 00% of Time)
- Provides dear expectations to the project team ensures that they are familiar with the roles and responsibilities within their individual job profiles in relation to Finance System and Process.
- Provides the necessary guidance and coaches to the team and carries out regular performance appraisal accordingly.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Must have)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Finance. Business Administration or related discipline.
- 3 years’ experience in accounting or grant management.
- Ability to work independently with little supervisioa to work well under pressure and deadline
- Integrity and details focused
- Good analytical skill
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel and Word
- Good skill at using financial software applications
- Skilled in maintaining documentation
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good knowledge of accounting and Finance practice, policies and procedures.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying fa this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] and kindly include title you are applying to and your name in subject line.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age. disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We offer a family-friendly environment, that support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We are a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory police record check as a condition of employment
Closing Date: March 7th 2020
Resident of Kigoma region are strongly encouraged to apply.