Reporting To – Founding Director.
Location – Moshono Business Office, Arusha, TANZANIA.
Working relationships – Accounts Team, all Business Teams, Purchasing Teams and Academic Departments.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Oversee all finance related areas; accounts receivable, accounts payable, capital spending, budgeting, financial reporting and purchasing.
- Present monthly financial reports to the EAF Board and TSOSJ Board on a timely basis
- Present monthly financial reports based on the accounts which they oversee to each of the managers, Founder and Deputy Director.
- Give regular reports to the Founder on the actions you have taken to rectify the items listed in both the internal and external auditor reports
- Present other adhoc reports when requested.
- Lead the purchasing team into an efficient and effective structure ensuring value for money and transparency in sourcing suppliers.
- Control all inventory for the school, including; food, stationary, maintenance & garage supplies
- Make sure TSOSJ has enough cash to meet their obligations via cash projections and analysis. When required request more cash from EAF Inc.
- Prepare the IAS/IFRS compliant financial report annually.
- Complete the annual audit and all other compliance matters
- Be accountable for every shilling spent across the school and for checking all aspects of financial compliance before any school money is spent
- Check reconciled bank statements and petty cash monthly
- Regular checking of financial database to make sure account code classifications are correct.
- Prepare the annual capital and operating budget.
- Submit amendments to policies and procedures of the areas in which you oversee (Finance and Procurement) to the Founder for approval.
- Periodically suggest improvements to the department’s procedure and submit to your supervisor for approval.
- Participate and support fellow staff in school mission related activities such as all School Celebration Days throughout the year.
- Participate in student selection process, in particular working after hours on rest days and public holidays up to 20 Saturdays per annum.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Head of Department, Manager and Deputy Director and the Employer.
Key Result Areas
- Monthly financial management reports are finalised and presented by the 15th of each month.
- Accurate maintenance of QuickBooks Ledger.
- All inventory tracked and a major reduction in theft
- All school purchasing being efficient and effective
- Cash flow estimates kept updated.
- Complicated donor and sponsor queries dealt with efficiently.
- Headmasters meeting the requirements of their budgets.
- Annual audit completed and signed off by May each year
- Fixed Asset register maintained and updated on a regular basis.
- Regular reviews and mini-audits conducted when required
Qualification, Skills and Attributes
- Minimum 7 years working as a professional accountant.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and big picture thinking.
- Demonstrated initiative and common sense.
- Fully Qualified CA/CPA.
- Knowledge in TASS school system.
- Knowledge in QuickBooks system.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
How To Apply
- Interested Candidates for this job are kindly requested to send their CV accompanied by a Cover Letter to [email protected]. Applications should be sent by 6th March 2020. SUBJECT LINE MUST INCLUDE THE REFERENCE NUMBER.
- ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!
Child Protection Policy WE ABIDE BY A STRICT CHILD PROTECTION POLICY AND DO NOT TOLERATE ANY ABUSE!