Finance Officer, Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC)
Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC) is an ecumenical body established in 1992 by Tanzania Episcopal Conference (TEC) and Christian Council of Tanzania (CCT) to facilitate the provision of social services in Tanzania. CSSC support institutions to deliver quality social services to all the people regardless of color, race and faith; and also promotes expansion of health, education and other social services all over Tanzania.
CSSC is collaborating with Action Medeor (a German medical aid NGO), CSSC and the Pharmacy Council of Tanzania in the recently approved “Multi-Actor Partnership” (MAP) project. MAP is a 3-year project funded by the German Government (BMZ) and the pharmaceutical industry, and is expected to be launched in November 2017. The project aims to sustainably improve the training of pharmaceutical cadres in Tanzania, through a multi-stakeholder partnership involving the government, civil society, the private sector and academia partners. Main interventions include:
The establishment of a sustainable and effective multi-actor partnership
The institutionalization of a new national curriculum for training of lower- to medium pharmaceutical cadres (dispensers, pharmaceutical assistants and pharmaceutical technicians) at all relevant training institutions in Tanzania (including use of the new modular curriculum; development of facilitator and assessment guides; training of tutors / trainers (technical and didactical)) Renovation of facilities of select training institutions (laboratory and library facilities, including equipment)
Applications are sought from highly qualified, well experienced and motivated persons’ for-the following positions to join Christian Social Services Commission. The work station for all the positions will be based in DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzania.
- Finance Officer
The Finance officer is responsible for ensuring the MAP project resources are properly managed, prepares and examines financial records of the project. Ensure that all the records are accurate. An officer performs an overview of the financial operations of a project in order to help it run efficiently.
• Preparing Cheque Payment Voucher (CPV), Journal Voucher (JV) for the MAP project.
• Ensuring all documents are entered into Navision System, and are appropriately stamped to avoid re-use.
• Validation on .entries to be posted and, posted entries into the Navision system.
• Checking the coding of transactions to ensure correctness of allocation to projects and funding before entry into Navision Systems.
• Ensuring all cash disbursement and general journals are verified and stamped to avoid re-use and eventually filling,
• Carrying out proper filling of all payments documents and liquidation files.
• Prepare staff advances in compliance with project policy and ensure correctness of Bank .details before funds are transferred and make follow up.
• Receipt of cash from employees as relates to un-used travel advances.
• Processing of staff travel liquidation and advances vouchers.
• Establishing a proper system for safe custody and retrieval of documents needed for reference purposes.
• Development and maintenance of Finance archiving system, in line with the organizations file policy retention policy.
• Preparing Bank Reconciliation statement on monthly basis.
• Processing liquidation on some of staff advances.
• Maintaining staff advances sheet and making sure no advance is issued to staff who have not liquidated.
• Maintenances of receivables on all staffs as per project guidelines.
• Maintaining Manual Cash Book both Foreign Currency and Tanzania shilling, and unsure all cheques collected are signed by recipients.
• Making sure all deductions are made consultancies made (withholding taxes).
• Making sure funds for the project are used exclusive for the project Objective, and MAP fund are borrowed and used by other projects.
• Preparation and Maintaining Budgetary Comparison report, and making sure payments are not process which will led to adverse variance, and hence prior approve is requested prior to commitment.
• Making sure that Invoice/Receipt contains minimum information mentioned in Guidelines.
• Maintaining asset register for MAP project, including recording, update of register and follow up on use of project assets.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
• Experience in auditing, accounting/finance
• Ability to prepare and administer budgets, manage finance sector
• Analytical/Communication/inter-personal skills
• Ability to work with computers
Qualified candidates should have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting and finance
A University degree in Finance/Accounting/Business
Administration/other related fields with excellent communication skills.
Anticipated starting date: 20th November 2017
Type of position: Full-time
Contract: Annual, renewable for up to 3 years
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their hardcopies of application letter}enclosing a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, three references with, a daytime telephone numbers to:
Christian social services Commission
4 Ali Hassan Mwinyi Rd
P. O. Box 9433
DAR ES SALAAM
The closing date for applications is 5th November 2017.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.