FINANCIAL & BUSINESS ANALYST – (1 POST)
Mwiba Holdings Limited is a registered Tanzanian Company under Companies Ordinance (Cap. 212) and a leading Hospitality company with its Operations in Arusha, Meatu- Simiyu and Mara Regions. We are currently looking for a Financial & Business Analyst (One (1) post – Meatu) to be part of our team.
Provide investment information and financial advice; works with corporate and individual clients; and maintains knowledge of a wide range of investment and financial products, including trusts, stocks, bonds and shares. Guiding senior executives of the company in making sound investment decisions towards the business in the long and short term expectations. Also responsible for analysing, reporting and developing insights on financial performance and compliance with operational procedures and policies.
KEY RESULT AREAS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Maintains current knowledge about financial products available to corporate and individual clients, including bonds, stocks, investments, and trusts;
- Assess financial information and investment opportunities;
- Presents investment opportunities and related analysis while pitching a proposed course of action to clients and board of directors;
- Uses complex financial models to project future earning and profit potential and uses this data on decisions and proposal making;
- Meets with the investment team, including analysts and other managers, to stay up to date about market situations and company decisions that may impact the business;
- Takes on a high level of responsibilities on behalf of the company concerning financial institutions, corporate clients, investment organizations and insurance companies;
- Develops relationships with clients and expands the client’s network in professional and social settings.
- Assessing and interpreting complicated financial information;
- Engages in regular research and reading to stay appraised about the state of Tanzania economy, global, financial markets, and general current events;
- Leading the budgeting process through consultation with the relevant budget holders;
- Performing detailed budget variance analysis, including tracking activities, identify problem root cause, outlining solutions, preparing reports and recommending changes;
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats;
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications;
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget;
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions;
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends;
- Conduct and coordinate financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various departments and programs of the Company;
- Interpret, evaluate and interrelate research data and develop integrated business analysis and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making;
- Plan and coordinate the development of primary and secondary business researches in support of strategic planning and specific marketing initiatives, as required and presents findings of studies to Management;
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly reviews and analysis of current processes using operational metrics and reports;
- Review a variety of areas including operations, purchasing, inventory, distribution and facilities
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes;
- Suggest changes to senior management using analytics to support your recommendations. Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes;
- Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement;
- To perform any other services incidental to the above or as instructed by the Managing Director;
PROFESSIONAL AND INTERPERSONAL DETAILS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, commerce, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or equivalent. Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Proven proficiency in computerized applications to Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), System knowledge (Accounting, Sales & Marketing, HR, POS, PMS systems).
- Basic knowledge on statistics, Economics, Mathematics, and Accounting will be preferable.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum eight (8) years of relevant experience.
- Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational.
- Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive.
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
- Hospitality background is essential.
- The incumbent should be a natural leader, can lead and motivate a team and also assist in building a company for the future.
- High level finance knowledge / experience with ability to do financial modeling.
- The candidate needs to be technology savvy, able to roll over to a system called Xero for accounting and integrate it with other departmental systems (Sales and Marketing / HR / POS / PMS) through API’s.
- Strengths in simple and clear financial reporting both management accounts and full financial statements.
- Clear understanding of a company’s cash flow cycle.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resumes and copy of certificates to HR Office (for hard copies) or via email to: [email protected]
We offer equal employment opportunities to qualified men and women and If you are not contacted by the HR Department within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following; competency assessment; physical capability assessment and reference checking.
Please forward applications before 1st June 2021