Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Fitter to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Underground Shaft Maintenance are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Engineering Supervisor
Work Schedule: 7 Days Day Shift / 7 Days Night Shift / 7 Days Off
- Manage and maintain the Scamont pumps, Warman pumps, mono-pumps , conveyor belts and rock breakers;
- Control the PH by operating lime dosing system safely in accordance to Bulyanhulu procedures;
- Efficiently and effectively perform mechanical maintenance activities in accordance with regulation as required by the shaft maintenance controls and to ensure compliance at all time;
- Ability to conduct troubleshooting to the hydraulic system
- Ability to conduct front end and back end rope cut to the winder.
- Understand dynamic test to the winder
- Ability to set brake air gap to the winder
- Ability to work to the height / open hole.
- Ability to change Ammonia to the plant.
- Oil filter change and oil top up to the plant
- Change and balance fridge plant motor
- Ability to perform repair on CCT fan gear box.
- Manage to service compressor intercooler.
- Manage to change cooling tower spay nozzles
- Ability to change compressor cooling tower fans
- Ability to perform troubleshooting to the compressor dosing system in safe way
- Manage to inspect overhead crane structures
- Manage to inspect and repair overhead crane rope attachments
- Ability to conduct mechanical maintenance activities in accordance to OHSA regulations in respect of the ammonia plant
- Inspection of equipment as per required safety measurements and standards
- Ordinary level certificate – Form IV and above level
- Trade’s qualified as Fitter (FTC,IMMT&VETA)
- Valid driving license
- 3 years’ experience as Fitter in underground mining industry
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Basic Computer Skills
- Good Communication Skills, English & Swahili
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “FITTER“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 21st November 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com
The deadline for submitting the application is 21 November 2020