Impala is Trafigura’s wholly-owned warehousing and logistics company for metals, minerals, and coal. Impala has around 25 operational locations, and is active in more than 20 countries.
The Company is owned by around 600 of its 3,935 employees who work in 62 offices in 35 countries around the world. Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD12 billion in 2003 to USD136.4 billion in 2017. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
Coordinate all import and export shipments for Impala Terminals Tanzania Limited
- Coordinate all import and export shipments for Impala Terminals Tanzania Limited. (20%)
- Manage all communications with key customers for the entity, ensuring timely updates and reports are being sent on a daily basis. (20%)
- Ensuring all shipping information including extra charges are correctly updated on the ERP system in time (Navitrans). This includes but not limited to generating SPs and Credit memos to stakeholders.
- Coordinating with the operations and warehousing team to ensure inbound and outbound operations are undertaken within the stipulated time frame and with no short shipments. (10%)
- Empty containers management is done correctly with zero detention and demurrage charges being accrued. (10%)
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly shipment reports including statistics and KPI presentations are sent on time and accurately. (10%)
- Stakeholder relationships are maintained on a regular basis this includes but not limited to shipping lines, clearing agents, transport hauliers, port authorities and customers. (10%)
Knowledge Skills And Abilities
- Initiative to work independently.
- Warehouse operation and shipping knowledge
- Team management experience
- Computer competency (MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Data entry, management and reporting
- Team Management
- Warehousing Operations and Shipping Management
- Computer literacy
- IWLT Warehouse Manager
- Data and Operations Supervisor
- Ground Operations team
- Shipping desk
- External Stakeholders – C&F, Port Authorities, Customs and Surveyors