Mponde Holding Company Limited (MHCL) is incorporated as Limited Liability Company established under the Companies Act Cap 212. The MHCL whose head office is located at Plot 38 Kweiminyasa – Mponde, Bumbuli District Council in Tanga Region is solely owned by the Public Entities. The Company owns a tea processing factory at Mponde and deals with the purchase of green tea leaves and processing the same to black made tea. MHCL intends to hire a qualified, energetic, dynamic and proactive Tanzanian to fill the position of the The General Manager.
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The General Manager shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the Company responsible for overseeing the implementation of strategic plan and day to day functions of the Company.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations;
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining quality standard;
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping;
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results;
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus;
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions;
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff;
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime;
- Commit to plant safety procedures and all compliances;
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets.
- Any other related responsibilities and duties as determined by the Board.
The ideal candidate for the post should possess either a Bachelor; Degree in Industrial Processing Engineering, Business Administration, Finance, and Economics, Public Administration or related fields from a recognized institution Possession of a Masters Degrees shall be an added advantage.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- At least 10 years of proven experience in tea/agro-products processing industry, five of which should be in managerial position;
- Proven work experience as a Factory Manager/ General Manager or similar position;
- Proven managerial experience;
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources management);
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise;
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes;
- Computer literacy;
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example;
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.
The position carries attractive package commensurate to one’s qualifications and experience.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants shall be required to provide detailed curriculum vitae; certified copies of academic certificates as follows:
- Form IV/VI National Examination Certificate.
- Degree/ Advanced Diploma Certificates/ Master’s Degree.
- Professional Registration and Training Certificates from the respective registration or regulatory bodies (where applicable).
- Birth certificate.
- Certificates from foreign Examination bodies or Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Professional Certificates from foreign Universities or other training Institutions should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- Uncertified certificates and provisional statement of results will not be accepted.
- Applicants should indicate 3 work related referees with their reliable telephone numbers and e-mails
How to Apply:
Please ensure that you mention www.mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.
All Applications should be submitted to below address via email [email protected], not later than 16th October 2022 to the address below;
Board of Directors,
Mponde Holding Company Limited,
13th Floor, Wing A – Golden Jubilee Towers, Plot 4843,
Dar es Salaam,
The deadline for submitting the application is 16 October 2022.
- Total Jobs 1 Jobs
- Location Dar es Salaam