CONTEXT AND PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of this role is to undertake routine managing ore movement at Pit/Underground to ROM and assist in the undertaking field support work within ore movement areas. Ensure timely and quality implementation of assigned field support tasks based on the available systems and resources for smooth mining operation.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & AUTHORITIES OF THE ROLE
The following are the accountabilities and authorities for this role:
- Undertake utilizing the existing technical systems and resources, implementation of field support tasks assigned by Geologist/Senior Geology technicians as part of maximizing resource mining and minimizing geotechnical risks arising from mining.
- Supervision of ore mining and handling process. Ensure that ore mining and marking process meets the required standards and that conditions that could result in unsafe working conditions below the high walls or underground faces are addressed before mining proceeds to the lower benches or face sampling at underground environment.
- Maintain and Monitoring of Geological Data, assisting the Geologist/Senior Geology Geotechnician to timely undertakes grade control process. Ongoing inspection of mining operations and ore movement to ensure standard and procedure are followed
REQUIRED SKILLED KNOWLEDGE
- Certificate in Mineral Deposits or FTC or Diploma in a Geology related field i.e. Mineral Resources Technology from Madini Institute or any other recognized tertiary Institute or Certificate of Secondary School (0-Level / A-Level) with not less than 7 years mining experience and assessed to be capable for the work.
- Some exposure to mining preferably in a Geology or Geotechnical related field is essential.
Must have knowledge of:
• Grade control processes and sample correction technics
MODE OF APPLICATION
Please ensure that you mention www.mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes, certificates and application cover letters addressed to the below (indicating the position title in the subject) via E -Mail: [email protected]
Human Resources Director
Shanta Mining Company Limited
P.O. Box 79408
The deadline for submitting the application is 2 November 2022.