GOVERNMENT RELATIONS MANAGER
Tembo Nickel is seeking to recruit a Government Relations Manager to join the Tembo Nickel Project Team. She/he will have full responsibility to ensure the execution of Tembo Nickel Government Relations Strategy. This role is responsible for developing and implementing a strategic approach to work with Central government, Local government stakeholders and other external stakeholders. This role will report to the Country Manager
Duty Station: Dar es salaam Country Office with regular travel to sites
- Leading the development and delivery of the Tembo Nickel Government Relations Strategy: Draw on deep knowledge and experience of working with government institutions and departments to develop a strategic approach to engaging central government, key external partners, and local government stakeholders to enable Tembo Nickel to meet its strategic objectives.
- Leading the management of Government Stakeholder Relations: Build strategic relationships within government with elected representatives, ministerial advisors, department, and agency staff and leverage these relationships to achieve positive outcomes for Tembo Nickel.
- Managing Tembo Nickel engagement and strategic approach to regulators and parliamentary processes Including briefing Tembo Nickel executives and preparing other material and responses for parliamentary committees and other parliamentary processes.
- Strategically manage reputational risk: Take proactive steps to identify and manage reputational risks. Consider the organisation’s program and activities through a political risk and reputation lens. Anticipate issues and lead a proactive response through engagement with government stakeholders and partner with the wider Corporate Affairs team to deepen insights that drive the community, the media, and other stakeholders, as well as influencing within the organisation to drive improved outcomes.
- Drive and align engagement with the Tembo ESG strategy, risks and opportunities.
- Oversee the management, execution and relationship building of all current and future government partnerships.
- Establish clear workflows of delegated responsibilities with internal teams with a focus on understanding partner goals and building long term government relationships.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Master’s degree in Public Relations, Public Policy, Public Administration, or related field.
- 10 years of work experience in similar role with reputable organization.
- Preference for experience in Crisis Communications.
- Strongly developed writing skills.
- Preference for ability to translate between English and Swahili.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to send their resumes indicating the role title in the subject via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date is 14th November,2022.
Note: We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities based on merit and we do not charge candidates any fees in the whole recruitment process.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply