RTI International (www.rti.org) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
USAID Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity
RTI is currently implementing the USAID Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity that addresses dynamics that threaten habitat connectivity and the long-term persistence of biodiversity in Tanzania. This activity incorporates a series of interventions that support and strengthen government and civil society capacity for biodiversity conservation.
RTI is looking for candidates to fill the following positions under USAID/Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity. The positions will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Purpose of the position:
The Grants Officer will work in close collaboration with the Grants Team to implement and manage the project’s grants portfolio from inception to close out.
- Coordinate the grant selection process from issuing requests for application (RFAs) through the selection committee and delivering grant awards.
- Support the implementation and management of a minimum of 10 grants per year, including multi-year grants with key local organizations.
- Conduct grantee kickoff meetings to ensure consistency and clarity on the technical, financial, administrative, and monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL)aspects of grant implementation. Carry out field visits to prospective grantees as required.
- Monitor implementation and progress of grantees via frequent collaborating, learning, and adapting(CLA) feedback loops, site visits, bi-annual workshops, refresher courses, and a remote help desk.
- Prepare all required documentation for the grant applications’ evaluation by the selection committee as per approved procedures.
- Ensure that the outcome of grant applications’ review is documented as per approved supporting tools and that all required approvals are obtained.
- Prepare grant agreements with required attachments
- Implement sound mechanisms that facilitate the grant funds disbursement and justification of expenses.
Minimum required Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Master’s degree in business administration, social sciences, or related field and minimum of 1 year of experience or bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience managing grants programs for international donor-funded projects, including USAID-funded projects.
- Knowledge of USAID grants management policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
How to apply
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates may apply by submitting an updated CV and cover letter to [email protected]. Please reference the position title in subject line. The deadline for submitting applications is 13th November 2021.
ONLY SELECTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED