Amref Health Africa –Tanzania is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health AfricaTanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child Health, Water and sanitation, and clinical outreach.
Amref Health Africa Tanzania’s projects respond to national health priorities and sustainable development goals (SDGs) in addressing the needs of needy communities mostly women and children. We work to increase the effectiveness, efficiency, and sustainability of health services by strengthening health systems, improving access to services, advocating stronger community health systems, and influencing health policies. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania has been awarded by Africa CDC through its SAVING
LIVES AND LIVELIHOOD INITIATIVE to support the Government of Tanzania’s initiative to accelerate uptake and coverage of COVID 19 vaccine services within ten regions of Tanzania (Iringa, Katavi, Kilimanjaro, Lindi, Manyara, Mbeya, Mtwara, Rukwa, Singida and Songwe). With this regard, Amref Tanzania is seeking competent candidates to fill the following positions.
|Job Title:||Graphic Designer|
|Reports to:||Head of Communications & Partnership|
|Duty Station:||Dar es Salaam|
|Start Date:||August 2022|
The Graphics Designer will provide overall support to the communications and Partnership unit with guidance from the Head of Communications &Partnership. S/he will be fully responsible for both organization creatives and Graphics related activities. This role requires a committed and enthusiastic person who is competent with modern & digital software and embraces creativity and innovation.
Key Duties/Responsibilities/Key Results Areas:
As part of the Communications team, the graphic designer will undertake a range of
Graphic Designer duties;
- Take lead and Champion all the creative related works at Amref Tanzania
- Ensure all visuals and various materials are well branded and adhere to the organization’s brand guidelines.
- Responsible for developing and designing various IECs including newsletters, Annual reports, presentations, Abstracts Posters, brochures, project flyers, invitations, infographics, leaflets, booklets, calendars, web content, banners, SBCC materials, etc
- Responsible for all digital platforms and campaign creatives/artworks.
- Facilitate the packaging of Amref’s project works for visibility and wide distribution
- Understand the design needs of Amref Health Africa Programmatic Communication activities to enable packaging of project progress and results through artworks.
- Responsible for event and exhibition venue/booth layout which observes both brand look and feel.
- Facilitate and contribute to all the joint creative works between Amref, Implementing Partners, Beneficiaries, Ministry of Health Promotion Unit, etc
- Responsible for developing/updating/maintaining the official templates while providing technical support on the usage of the same.
- Responsible for interpreting project information and synthesizing it into various designs/visuals for communication.
- Liaise with procurement for IECs materials quality check before the actual production/delivery.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
- Minimum Diploma level in graphic & design, Visual Communication, digital creatives, advertising & marketing, and other related fields. Having a Bachelor’s Degree will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience working preferably in a Non-Governmental Organization (health sector) in graphic & designs/Communications activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong theoretical and practical background in graphic layout, information packaging, data visualization, audio-visual production, newsroom skills, and digital content creation.
- Strong and dynamic in graphical works
- Strong knowledge of the use of different design platforms/software (ie Adobe Design Premium, In-Design, Corel Draw, WordPress, web design, Mailchimp, etc.)
- Proven experience in graphic design and IECs production Exposure to new evolving technologies and digital platforms.
- Explorative, creative, flexible, reliable, and ready to work under pressure
- Knowledge and ability to create and use social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other forms of digital technology
How to Apply:-
If you meet the criteria given above and are interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined as one PDF document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names, and addresses of three referees. All interviews will be conducted at Amref Health Africa country Office in Dar es Salaam for shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS on July 26, 2022. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying for as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not be easily retrieved. All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: [email protected]. Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted.
- Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
- “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in the workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
- Note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process
- Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, WhatsApp, SMS, text emails, and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channeled to the provided official correspondence email above
- Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.