Alliance One International
Green Storage Supervisor
At Alliance One our purpose is to transform people’s lives so that together we can grow a better world. We are the trusted provider of certified, sustainable and traceable agricultural products and ingredients to businesses and customers. We have 150 years of experience as a leading independent leaf tobacco merchant; serving the worlds multinational cigarette manufacturers. Our sustainability program rooted in three pillars: Producers, People and Planet has been a source of pride for our employees and will continue to be at the core of our business. As we pursue the next 150 years we are looking to diversify our services and products with people who have the courage to lead and an entrepreneurial spirit. You will be sitting in the engine of growth as we shape our future together.
To supervise all green tobacco, offloading, storage allocation, Internal and Customer Bale inspections and Issuing for processing in accordance with AOI, AOTTL Tobacco Leaf Services Standard Operating Procedures and Customer specifications.
What you will do:
- STORAGE INVENTORY CONTROL
- To supervise and control the Green Stock inventory daily, weekly and monthly, prepares the weekly report for the approval of Green Storage Manager,
- To recommend quarterly stock count dates, allocate workforce and carry out the stock count with the Green Storage team;
- To review the inventory reconciliation sheet prepared by the Green Storage Shift Foreman and submit to the Green Storage Manager for final approval;
- To prepare the inventory report weekly and submits to the Green Storage Manager for approval;
- GREEN STORAGE RECEIVING
- To supervise, prioritise and control the receiving of Green Stock, check that inventory received is compliant and update the GS Manager,
- To prepare the weekly plan based on the weekly packing programme from the Factory, submit for approval to the Green Storage Manager and inform the Shift Foremen;
- To review and pnontise the work to be earned out on a daily basis and check that there is sufficient resources and equipment to meet set targets;
- GREEN STORAGE INSPECTION AND ISSUING
- To supervise, and check that customer and Internal bale inspections are completed correctly, in time, and that it has been carried out in line with TLS Green Storage Inspection SOP’s
- To supervise and control the issuing of Green Stock daily as per TLS Green Stock SOP’s
- To analyse and provide daily reports to the GSM on forklift and machine status, breakdowns and forklift fuel usage,
- GREEN STOCK STORAGE
- To supervise, prioritise and control the storage of Green Stock ensuring the stacking and storing of green stock is in compliance to the TLS Green Storage and Stacking SOP’s
- To carry out warehouse checks to see whether tobacco received has been stored correctly as per ToPS 3D storage system ( Racks stored in grade order, and at the proper location as shown on the issued label stuck at the rack);
- To check that all tobacco bale texture are compliant and bales and racks movements have been scanned into ToPS by the Scanning Clerks daily
- SUPERVISION OF STAFF
- To supervise subordinate staff in the achievement of work objectives, monitor performance, takes appropriate action through the Human Resources Manager,
- To carry out ongoing evaluation of staff, identifies performance strengths and weaknesses, and arranges for necessary action (for example further on the job training, discipline and so on);
- To monitor the overall welfare of staff (such as sickness, loans, death of family), and take the appropriate action for immediate assistance;
Who you are and what you’ve done:
- Degree Procurement & Supply Chain Management, or similar 3 years
- Post Graduate Degree in Procurement & Supply Chain Management or Business Administration or similar
- Tobacco experience in receiving, storage and shipment 4 to 6 Years
- Logistic/shipping/supply chain Warehousing and inventory control Company computer systems such as SAP Operations/ fumigation procedures
Written and verbal communication in English and Swahili Ability to plan and coordinate 6 months to a year Ability to manage work teams and reach agreed objectives
Time Frame: All applications should be submitted before 10th February, 2020
Human Resources Director.
Alliance One Tobacco Tanzania Limited
P.O. Box 1595, Kingolwira,
Be cautious: Never pay for securing a job: No Real employer seeks any fee from a job-seeker at any stage of the hiring process. MABUMBE does not charge candidates for job applications or job offers. Mabumbe.com is committed to ensuring that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities. Report any employer asking Money from you.
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts!