North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Hauling Equipment Operator III – Production Shovel & Excavator Operator to join and grow their team.
You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
About North Mara
The North Mara gold mine is located in north-west Tanzania in the Tarime district of the Mara region. It is around 100 kilometers east of Lake Victoria and 20 kilometers south of the Kenyan border.
North Mara started commercial production in 2002. The mine is a combined open pit and underground operation from two deposits, Gokona (underground) and Nyabirama (open pit).
- All possible hazards on route and at assigned working places identified, rectified and / or reported daily when on shift
- Zero involvement in an incident or accident, those occurred are reported to Supervisor within shift
- Field Level Risk Assessment completed accurately for every task assigned
- Team Based Job Safety Analysis completed for every task without a Standard Operating Procedure
- Carry out housekeeping activities before and after every task completed
- Carry out Environmental Inspection at workplace at start of every shift
- Compliance to the use of required PPE for the task at hand
- No report of peers that you did not add value to their work
- Zero complaints from customers about your work
- Supervisor/Leader confirms through evidence that you value team membership & actively participate
- Compliance to all related Standard Operating Procedures
- Equipment Pre-Start Inspections conducted prior to operating any equipment on a shiftly basis and sub-standard equipment reported & corrected immediately
- Maintain communication with dispatch throughout the shift by reporting at required intervals
- Conversant with the Jigsaw Program use & interpretation
- Participate in monthly Emergency escape drills with team members
- Tools & Equipment inspected & maintained before and after use daily, correct tools used for the task at hand- no reports of using incorrect tools or equipment for the job
- Safe & efficient Equipment operation within OEM Specified Operating Limits, according to Standard Operating Procedures avoiding Dilution, over-under load, spillages etc.
- Achievement of daily planned & assigned targets as per loading plan, safely
- Valid operating permit/license available for all types of equipment operated-National & Company
- Compliance to Equipment Maintenance schedule
- Only operate Mobile Equipment within prescribed limits, safely at all times:
- Adverse weather
- Different ground types
- Confined space
- Compliance to Off-Site Equipment operation Procedure
- Conversant with accurate interpretation & application of Geological & Geotechnical Data
- Handovers conducted at the start and end of every shift 100% accurately
- To ensure that the system is properly implemented (including testing, training and implementation aspects)
- To monitor the systems effectiveness
- To get user feedback on the systems effectiveness and satisfaction levels of user groups
- Ordinary Secondary Education (Form 4)\
- Certificate of Competency for major digging loading equipment in Mine
- Certificate of Competency for sump digging operations in Mine
- Certificate of Competency for double bench loading techniques in Mine
- Sound knowledge of Surface HME Operations in Mining
Experience and competencies needed
- At least 5 years industry experience in Mining/Construction Operations
- At least 5 Years’ experience in operating Heavy Mining Mobile Equipment- Production Shovel & Excavator
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization
How to apply:
- Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s online
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “ Hauling Equipment Operator III – Production Shovel & Excavator Operator ” in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
Please forward applications before: 08 June 2022.
We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.