Job Title: Head Chef
Reports To: Executive Chef/ Camp/Lodge Manager
Company: Un Lodge En Afrique Limited( Chem Chem philanthropy & Safari)
Location: Manyara,vilima vitatu, Babati.
The Head chef will manage all aspects of Lodge/camps Kitchens; plan, organize, control and direct the work of employees responsible for preparation of all foods for guests and employees; oversee the kitchen cleanliness with Stewarding and kitchen maintenance with Engineering. The Head Chef is responsible for ensuring that the standard and quality of the food production and the hygiene within the department is maintained at the highest level at all times. This role is very much hands-on, requiring attention to detail and a positive work attitude.The Head chef will be in charge of the kitchen in his/her specific lodge/camp. That includes all activities relating to the kitchen. This also includes all other kitchens/food outlets.To ensure guests are well served, work together with other staff and management in a smooth, safe, and harmonious manner to ensure guests have a memorable stay.
- Daily preparation and cooking of various meal components while ensuring kitchen prep cooking and cleaning tasks are completed in a timely manner and meet quality controls set by management .
- Check guest’s dietaries on a daily basis so that the guests feel loved and taken care of.
- Make sure of all dietary requirements and that all needs of guests are catered for, in a timely manner.
- Ensure all staff are aware of their duties and what is expected of them.
- Ensure all menus are followed and food standard is excellent at all times.
- Teach new staff skills they require to perform their roles to the required standard.
- Delegate duties to kitchen staff as per the menu requirements.
- Work with the Executive chef to ensure standards and goals are met.
- Oversee and monitor the work of kitchen staff to ensure all tasks are done as required.
- Give staff feedback on their performance to enable staff development.
- Ensure wastage is minimized by careful supervision of food preparation methods.
- Ensure proper hygienic storage methods are utilized to prevent food loss.
- Ensure the evening before that all picnic, packed meals and coffee box contents are clearly written down for the chefs.
- Ensure the breakfast menu is decided in the evening before and that all ingredients are checked for quality.
- Managing all important roles in the day to day operation of a lodge, in terms of providing excellent, wholesome, fresh and tasty food to our guests.
- Bachelor degree/Diploma in Hotel Management/Chef or related field from the recognized university/college
- Extensive knowledge of food hygiene preparation and presentation.
- Understanding of hygiene Protocol Working experience of not less than 3- 4 years in the hotel industry/ in a well recognised hotel or lodge/senior Sous Chef/Head camp chef.
- Exceptional Food and Beverage knowledge and a clear knowledge of detailed stocktaking.
- Extensive knowledge of food hygiene preparation and presentation
- Understanding of hygiene Protocol Communicate fluently in English and Good communication skills Must work accurately under pressure
- Excellent inventory and stock management Skills to manage and lead a team of not less that 10 chefs
- Team player with a positive attitude and enthusiasm and teamwork
- Excellent interpersonal, good in details and negotiation skills to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Good computer skills, especially in word, excel, email and internet
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their cv,names and contact information (Email addresses and telephone numbers) of three referees.The candidate must clearly indicate the title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement )on the heading of the email.Application should be submitted to the Human Resources email [email protected] CC [email protected].Kindly note that only shortlisted applicant will be contacted.
Deadline For the Application; 17th November 2022.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! Chem Chem Safari does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to this number 0699688225.