Job Title: HEAD DRIVER / TRAINER
Industry: TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Dar Es Salaam
Reporting to: OPERATIONS MANAGER
Overview: We are looking for a patient, enthusiastic driver trainer to prepare our heavy truck drivers for their driver’s tests. The driver trainer’s responsibilities include:
Planning and delivering training that promotes drivers’ theoretical and applied driving skills. The driver trainer also communicates with drivers to ascertain which of their abilities require further development.
The Driver trainer should maintain excellent communication with drivers at all times. Ultimately, a top-notch driver trainer will tailor their training instructions to meet the needs of the drivers, while still meeting targets set by the company.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Preparing training that is tailored to drivers’ needs.
- Providing instruction on the parts and functions of heavy trucks, and on-road regulations.
- Training practical skills related to all aspects of heavy truck driving.
- Helping drivers to develop confidence in their driving skills.
- Gaining control of the truck during emergency situations.
- Calming drivers who are in distress.
- Documenting and reporting on drivers’ progress.
- Informing drivers when to take the driver’s test during the toolbox meeting.
- Reporting all accidents to the Fleet manager.
- Making sure drivers are always in full or required PPE while on sites.
- Making sure that all drivers full time follow health codes, warning signs, and PPE properly (internally and externally)
- Assist in driver recruitments in coordinating with HR and Operations
- Coordinating with HR on drivers’ permission and issuing security gate passes and maintaining gate pass register
- Inspect and advice truck repairs and maintenance to avoid breakdowns on the road.
- Any other duties assigned by the management
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree, Diploma in Logistics and Transportation.
- 5 years’ experience in Logistics and Transportation industry.
- Valid driving license for the level at which you will be training. A Defensive driving certificate is an added advantage
- Proven experience as a driver trainer.
- Clear driving record.
- Clear criminal record.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Computer literate
- Patience and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work during evenings and on weekends, as required.
How to Apply:
Please ensure that you mention www.mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Kindly send your CV to [email protected] deadline for application 11th 2022