Job Description :
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits) It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the second largest beer company with a market share of around 20%. SBL was incorporated in 1988 as Associated Breweries Limited and changed its name to Serengeti Breweries Limited in 2002, and commenced commercial operations in 1996 with one brewery in Dar es Salaam. 51% of the company was acquired by EABL in October 2010 and has three breweries located in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi. SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brands in the portfolio include Tusker Lager, Guinness, Kibo Gold, Pilsner and Senator. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirits brands such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Gordon’s, Bailey’s and Captain Morgan.
Scope of the role
- Outlet Activation (CPAMS, Trade Asset Management)
- Sales Effectiveness & Execution
Purpose of Role
Responsible for the effective management and investment of
- The customer consideration budget
- Sales driver A&P budget
- The coordination and execution of all marketing A&P budgets assigned towards the delivery of brand visibility, POS material BTL (Below the line)
Market situation is changing rapidly due to the economic situation, declining disposable incomes and opening up of the economic trading blocks allowing in flow of products from other markets. Consumers are becoming more sophisticated. This requires proactive selling to maximise company market share. Trade is evolving and being more sophisticated especially at retail level.
Leadership Responsibilities and Decision Making Rights
This role involves internal liaison at middle/ senior manager level and of cross-functional support. The Sales Effectiveness Head is a key strategic contact between SBL and other trade partners and therefore it is expected to have high levels of respect/contact in managing relationships. This role has allocated resources and budgets. Off trade & On trade Key account executives report directly into this role
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Commercial planning and coordination of all trade and BTL activities across the business.
- Trade strategy development, entrenchment in the commercial planning process
- Merchandise / POS identification, placement co-ordination, design and procurement. Sales driver programs development and execution
- Stewardship of the measurement and evaluation of programs executed in trade
- The role is responsible for the complete stewardship and execution of the total SBL BTL A & P budget in Tanzania.
Qualifications and experience required
- Graduate preferable in a business related field
- Formal business qualification ideal; MBA (Preferred) Experience
- At least seven (7) years’ experience in a similar role
- Extensive business experience gained at a senior level in a multinational corporate environment, with proven capabilities in FMCG industry and related business issues such as brand management or brand financial management, production, logistics; Risk management techniques; Strategy development and execution; Business consulting; and Project Management.