A reputable school in Kigamboni, Dar es Salaam is seeking to hire a Head Teacher to execute the daily operations of the school.
- Provide overall leadership for the allocated campus, working in collaboration with the Managing Director.
- Contribute to the overall leadership and planning and vision for the future of the school through membership of the School Management Team.
- Supervise the Academic Heads and HODs in their academic and class discipline work.
- Oversee and ensure that timetables and class schedules are designed properly.
- Oversee and ensure that all Schemes of Work, Lesson Plans and teaching techniques support and work towards the vision and mission of the school.
- Regularly visit classrooms to monitor the quality of teaching.
- Ensure accountability to Government Departments is maintained and all school procedures remain transparent and meet the requirements of the Government Inspectors.
- Oversee and ensure that staffs are handling responsibilities for student discipline and welfare.
- Oversee and ensure that all parent concerns and issues as well as students academic needs are addressed appropriately and promptly.
- Ensure that all students’ academic needs are addressed appropriately and promptly.
- Establish a process of good communication with staff and maintain openness with staff.
- Work with Academic Heads and Deputies to manage staffing quality, issues, or needs that arise.
- Communicate regularly with all staff and School Director/Assistant Director about progress and issues in the School.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Primary Education.
- Strong management skills, including ability to prioritize and delegate Hours of Work
- At least 3 years experience in leading a good school
The deadline for submitting the application is 17 March 2021