To evaluate counter-party credit risks associated with Wholesale Banking lending at the client interface, with the primary objective to contain credit risk within acceptable parameters.
- Provision of direct credit evaluation services at the customer interface.
- Identify credit and risk management requirements at the source of the deal negotiation/ business proposal.
- Conduct credit evaluation interviews during deal negotiation
- Decline non-viable deals at source, however, works in partnership with Relationship Managers and clients to identify alternatives that could bring deal/ proposals within risk acceptable parameters relative to profitability.
- Supervise Origination Unit to develop high quality credit solutions and recommend appropriate facilities in line with risk evaluation
- Present and defend credit proposals to CREDCO& BCC
- Supervise Credit Originators in preparation of formal Credit Applications
- Identify, quantify and evaluate sources of risk in relation to profitability of business proposal and financial viability of the corporation as a whole
- Utilize industry risk analysis available to identify and understand contextual threats to existing and potential clients.
- Proactively drive review process of existing facilities ensuring consistent, thorough and timely evaluation of all existing facilities.
- Detects and evaluates shifts or changes in key parameters in a business relationship or industry and evaluates the implications of such changes on continued business dealings.
- Analyze information received from client and the client’s performance.
- Monitors utilization in excess of credit facilities and assists Relationship Managers in managing the risk exposure.
- Review the financials and non-financials of the customer and advice the Relationship Manager and customer for revision before to process of Credit Facility.
- Review the correctness of data and information obtained including financials & ROE calculations before sending to Credit.
- Builds relationship with Credit Originators and Relationship Managers to improve quality of business proposals and turnaround time on credit evaluations.
- Share joint credit responsibility for business
- Identify risks/ barriers to business development that emanate from a client’s operating environment and develops strategies to mitigate/ overcome these problems
- Manage financial information produced by customers.
- Monitor and Control quality of portfolio using ‘Condition of Sanction’ triggers where possible.
- Plan and Implement annual credit reviews for the portfolio.
- Coach Relationship Managers and the origination team in all aspects of daily work and ensure that the team communication is open and ongoing.
- Set clear performance standards and expectations; hold the team accountable and take accountability for team delivery against expectations and contribution to results.
- Enable and empower the team to implement/ execute a strategic vision
- Knowledge of the key areas in Wholesale Banking.
- Understanding of key financial indicators and use financial analysis to evaluate strategic options and opportunities
- Robust credit knowledge
- Ability to identify, clarify/define and work through challenges towards a defined outcome
- Reflect high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to think in terms of integrated solutions; Logical, rational and show sound judgement
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing with the ability to listen actively and with interest, and interrogate and interpret information effectively
- Ability to effectively and strategically influence across the organization; Strong negotiation skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Commerce, ACCA/CPA or similar qualifications
- Other relevant post graduate qualifications such as an MBA is considered an advantage
- At least 10 years’ experience in Banking and/or Financial Services, 3 years being in Credit.
- 3 additional years within the credit or product environment is an advantage.
- Experience in leading teams
NMB Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.