Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by an Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 amended by Parliament of Tanzania in September 2019. TRCS was recognised and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963.
National Societies are recognized by the host Governments as auxiliary to the public authorities in the humanitarian field, meaning that they supplement or support the public authorities in this area. As such, they are equipped to partner with the Governments in the fulfillment of national humanitarian responsibilities.
TRCS is the largest and most dependable local partner in delivering humanitarian services in United Republic of Tanzania. TRCS has an active network in all regions in Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Most importantly and because of its credibility, Tanzania Red Cross Society receives supports from a broad range of partners including the International Federation Red Cross and Red Crescent (IFRC), the International Committee of Red Cross (ICRC), the American Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red CrossFlanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the China Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Partners from UN Agencies are UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP and UNFPA; and other partners are the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM, JHPIEGOand PACT Tanzania.
If you think you meet competencies, qualified, ambitious, efficient, energetic and ready for the challenge, please apply for the following openings at Tanzania Red Cross Society.
Current existing staff and volunteers of Tanzania Red Cross Society are encouraging to apply.
Duties applicable to all staff:
- Work towards the achievement of the Tanzania Red Cross goals in Tanzania, through effective managerial and lateral relations and teamwork.
- Ensure understanding of roles, responsibilities, lateral relationships and accountabilities.
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the supervisor/ line manager.
- Share and act in accordance with the Red Cross/Red Crescent fundamental principles and humanitarian values.
POSITION : HEALTH COORDINATOR
Job Title : Health Coordinator
Duty Station : Nyarugusu Camp (Kasulu DC) and Mtendeli Camp (Kakonko DC) Reports to : Refugees Project Manager Age Limit : Not above 55 Years.
Posts : 2
- i) Work closely with the Team Leader, Refugees Project Manager and field teams to determine operational needs of the medical program and medical staff training needs. ii) Monitor and evaluate health sector service delivery objectives, indicators and outcomes of project implementation. iii) Assist in implementing HR functions related to staff management (hiring, training, promotion, disciplinary action, termination) and ensure training and capacity building of health facility staff iv) Represent Tanzania Red Cross Society at health coordination meetings, task force meetings and other partner coordination meetings and communicate relevant information back to staff
- v) Act as last line clinical consultation and make recommendations for referrals for specialized care vi) Lead production of site and donor reports including compiling and analyzing data, compiling narrative and analysis. vii) Work with management and partner agencies for outbreak preparedness and contingency planning
- Provide input to proposal and budgeting processes
- Ensure direct reports have clear objectives, receive mentor ship and participate in capacity building opportunities
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine (MD).
- Registration with Tanganyika Medical Council
- Valid practicing license is required.
- Postgraduate training in Public Health is an added advantage
- 3 years of experience in hospital practice relating to primary health care, maternal and child health, reproductive health, HIV/AIDS and communicable diseases; inclusive of 2 years at a managerial level is required.
- i) Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and adhere to professional code of conduct ii) Ability to treat all staff and volunteer with respect, without prejudice
iii) Ability to provide high quality and ethical service for the benefit of National Society iv) Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy v) Ability to be flexible and manage stress
- vi) Ability to support Tanzania Red Cross Society calling and adhere to the Tanzania Red Cross Society Code of Conduct
Mode of Application:
Interested candidates with the required qualifications and experience are advised to submit their application letters to the address mentioned below; together with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating names and contacts of at least three referees; certified copies of academic certificates; Birth Certificate or National ID or Passport (Provide only one document) and other relevant awards.
Applications may be submitted directly by hand delivery to either TRCS Headquarter – Dar es Salaam Office; TRCS Kigoma Office; TRCS Ngaraganza Office – Kasulu District; TRCS Makere Office – Kasulu District, TRCS Kibondo – RFL Office and TRCS Mtendeli Office – Kakonko District.
No applications will be received/considered through email or any other form of online submission.
Only short listed candidates meeting the minimum set criteria will be invited for interview. If you do not hear from us within two weeks after the application deadline you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) does not CHARGE A FEE at any stage of the recruitment process.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to TRCS – HR Department through Organizational Official Email: [email protected].
The Secretary General,
Tanzania Red Cross Society,
Mwai Kibaki Road, Mikocheni B, Plot No. 53, Block ‘C’,
P.O Box 1133,
DAR ES SALAAM
Tanzania Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
The deadline for submission is 24thJanuary 2020 by 16.00 Hrs.
- Total Jobs 105 Jobs
- Location Arusha