ST JOHN’S UNIVERSITY OF TANZANIA
St John’s University of Tanzania (SJUT) is a relatively young but dynamic university aspiring to become a global player in the provision of higher education, owned by the Anglican Church of Tanzania (ACT). SJUT is committed to a culture of quality, excellence and absolute integrity in the context of Biblical values. The University is seeking to recruit qualified academic member of staff and bring onboard suitable individuals to provide effective leadership and contribute to the realization of the aspirations of the University. The Chief Mazengo campus is located at Kikuyu area in Dodoma, about 3.5km southwest of the city centre. For further information, please visit www.sjut.ac.tz.
The University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position: UNIVERSITY DISPENSARY
Job Title: HEALTH LABORATORY ASSISTANT (1 Post) – Re-advertised
- Reports to: Doctor-in-Charge
- Duty Station: SJUT, Chief Mazengo Campus – Dodoma
- Job Summary: Attending patients by performing basic laboratory investigations and managing
the medical laboratory.
- Key duties and responsibilities: A qualified candidate for this position shall possess skills and abilities to perform the following:
- Performing basic laboratory investigations;
- Preparing reagents under close supervision;
- Maintaining general cleanliness of laboratory glass ware and equipment;
- Collecting venous blood from patients and preserving specimens;
- Keeping records of laboratory investigations carried out in the register; and
- Performing any other duties as may be directed by his/her supervisor.
- Qualification: Holder of a Certificate in Medical Laboratory or equivalent qualifications.
Possessing computer skills will be an added advantage. Must be registered.
- Experience: With a minimum of three (3) years working experience in a medical laboratory.
- Salary Scale: Staff salary rank according to SJUT Scheme of Service
- Tenure: Fixed term contract of four (4) years renewable on satisfactory performance.
Mode of Application: Complete application package in ONE file that consists of application letter supported with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume, certified relevant copies of certificates i.e. Degree/Diploma certificates /testimonials, academic transcripts plus secondary school certificates and their contact details should be submitted not later than Friday, 3rd June, 2022 at 04:00 p.m. to:
St John’s University of Tanzania P.O Box 47, Dodoma, Tanzania.
- “Testimonials”, “Provisional Results”, “Statement of Results”, and FORM IV and FORM VI Results Slips will not be accepted.
- Applicants who have studied abroad, outside Tanzania, they have to show evidence of recognition of their foreign awards by relevant authorities (TCU, NACTE and NECTA).
- Candidates are required to state the ‘job title’ on the subject line of their email.