You are responsible for supporting HSES & BCM Manager to establish and maintain a Healthy, Safety and Environment Management System, adhere to Global & Local HSE Policies in order to ensure that HSE risk are mitigated to an acceptable level.
WE CONTRIBUTE AND LEAD
By connecting, by owning, by delivering, by change and by vision. We live our values of trust, Passion, simplicity, integrity and innovation.
- Manage, promote and proactively help implement and maintain HS&E programs in line with AXIAN Group and HSE plan, policies, practices and procedures, to reduce risks in local operations and help eliminate activities leading to accidents, damages and injuries.
- Advise HSE & BCM manager, HS&E Representatives, employees and subcontractors in general about current and new safe work procedures, safety policies and applicable regulation and international standards.
- Ensure compliance with all local and international legislation and regulations interfacing with regulatory and compliance departments.
- Investigate the causes of accident/incidents and develop/implement procedures and methods to prevent similar occurrences in the future, including risk assessments and action plans. To ensure all significant accidents and or incidents are cost calculated and findings issued to the local management team and to the HSE& BCM Manager for review and comment.
- Shall form a key advisory role within the operations ensuring the HSE committee is formed and conducted per quarter or as defined by local legislation as a minimum. All meetings shall be recorded in minutes and issued to HSE &BCM Manager for review and comment.
- Assist and help evaluate work procedures and environments via workplace and activity risk assessment to identify potential hazards and ensure that adequate controls are in place according to internal programs, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the supervision and training of all designated local safety coordinators.
- Ensure the suspension/interruption of activities in local operation facilities that pose threats to workers’ health and safety are implemented and managed by local management.
- Ensure appropriate procedures and safety equipment are implemented and managed by local management, in accordance with local laws, regulations and relevant international standards.
- Execute periodic inspections of facilities, equipment and machinery to identify potential hazards, recommend risk reduction measures and ensure the installation of HS&E features. Follow up on outstanding observations and actions.
- Provide HS&E training programs and education to current employees as well as new employee orientations.
- Conduct and coordinate review of HS&E Inspections and Audits with the Internal Audit team
- Maintain records and prepare reports on the administration of HS&E matters and other assigned activities.
- Completion of incident investigation, statistics, reports, and trend reporting.
- Deliver informative, well-organized presentations and participate in periodic global, regional and local meetings.
- Shall interface with all departments to ensure Fire Safety Management plans, Equipment, Fire Marshals are established and tested at regular intervals along with training for all colleagues.
- Bachelor degree related to Healthy, Safety and Environmental studies
- Safety and environmental certifications (OHSA ).
- Working knowledge of HS&E requirements in accordance with local laws and regulations as well as applicable international standards.
- Ability to analyse and understand HS&E policies and procedures, and to develop planning and optimization of programs.
- Experience in telecommunication engineering hazards (RF radiation, working at heights, laser safety, etc.) is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum 2 years of related HS&E and/or Risk Management
- Highly developed leadership abilities with excellent relationship-building skills.
- A team player with excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
- Must have an ongoing record of professional development.
- Excellent in oral and written communication and report writing skills
- Independent and with good work attitude
The deadline for submitting the application is 22 November 2022.