Reports to: Associate Director, Clinical Services
Location : Mbeya
Contract: One year, with option(s) to renew
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical advice to the Medical Director in the development of Pediatric HIV program design, work plans and implementation strategies necessary to achieve the set targets and service coverage to the Southern Highlands zone.
- Provide technical support in the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs), treatment protocols, targeted continuous medical education (CME) packages and other relevant materials for improving and advancing Pediatric HIV services in the Southern Highland Zone.
- Provide technical support to the regional HJFMRI program and field officers and regional teams in the planning, initiation and implementation of paediatric services including roll out of Option B+ in the context of early infant diagnosis of HIV and paediatric care and treatment.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, coordination, and evaluation and a broad range of agency- funded Pediatric program activities , initiatives and studies required to implement the President’s Emergency Plan for aids Relief (PEPFAR) in the zone
- Support HJFMRI regional teams in providing technical assistance to strengthen the capacity of regional and council health management teams for delivering quality pediatric care and treatment services.
- Work with program and field officers in the region to design and implement innovative strategies for improving the quality of pediatric services in collaboration with the Regional & Council Health Management Teams (R/CHMTs) and Hospital Management Teams.
- Provide support at the national level in development of tools, protocols and clinical guidelines as needed to improve delivery of Pediatric services
- Regularly conduct supportive supervision, mentoring, and formal training to ensure delivery of quality pediatric HIV interventions.
- Work with the monitoring and evaluation team to ensure Pediatric HIV data are well collected, compiled and timely reported.
- Constantly review program performance data and develop new strategies to improve program performance.
- Technically support and coordinate with pediatric officers to ensure pediatric activities are standardized and contribute to increased pediatric enrollments and retention in care and treatment.
- Work as part of the multi-disciplinary technical team to provide technical guidance to the regional teams in planning program activities, ensuring close linkages between PMTCT, EID and pediatric services.
- Work closely with MoHCDGEC and other partners to ensure the functionality of support services including availability of adequate stocks of supplies for PMTCT/EID and improve on turnaround time for HIV results of exposed infants.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Medical degree preferably with Masters in Public Health (MPH) or similar degree
- Minimum five years’ experience working with HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs.
- Experience with Pediatric HIV programming
- Clinical experience of pediatric HIV medicine
- Strong supervisory and management skills
- Proven interpersonal skills in working effectively as a member of a team or independently
- Ability to deal effectively and diplomatically with multiple government agencies, non-governmental organizations, faith-based organizations, and the private sector
- Proven verbal and written communication skills including a demonstrated ability to write technical documents and give state-of-the-art presentations
- Willingness to travel in Southern highlands up to 40% of the time
- Fluency in Kiswahili and English
HOW TO APPLY
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable courier to the Senior Manager, Human Resources, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya, or transmitted by email to: [email protected].
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birthplace, or tribal and/or religious affiliations. Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment. Hand delivery applications will not be accepted. Deadline for submission of the application is February 25th, 2020. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed in the job description below will not be considered.
- Total Jobs 73 Jobs
- Location Mbeya