Job Title: HIV Tester
Reports to: Site Manager
Deadline: 2nd December 2022
Location: Dar es Salaam.
HIV Tester requires extensive, current knowledge of the HIV prevention measures. He/She must enjoy working with other people, have a compassionate nature and be a good listener.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To serve as liaison between clinicians/clinics, individuals screened and care centers.
- To provide on-going counseling and testing while maintaining confidentiality and patient rights, provide psychosocial support and assist with referral and linkages.
- To assess, document all referrals, make follow-up and report on referral outcomes.
- To monitor the quality of test kits by the use of suitable control materials/samples from laboratory department.
- To be up to date on current HTS protocols/guidelines and ensure correct testing services (periodic review of standard operating procedures with support from laboratory department).
- To ensure safe storage of HTS related items and to request/prepare all the necessary consumables for undertaking the HTS activities on time.
- To compile and submit HTS reports on weekly, monthly and/or quarterly to the HTS coordinators on time.
- To keep accurate HTS and referral/linkage records (logbooks, registers, reports)
- To work with team member to monitor quality improvement plans with regards to the established performance targets/indicators.
- Ensure HIV testing is performed according to the National HIV Testing algorithm.
- To carry out any other duties that may be required by the clinical team.
Should have the following qualifications:
- Diploma in Nursing/Clinical Medicine, Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology;
- Must have a valid license of practice (Certificate for HIV testing is an added advantage).
- Two years’ experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment services.
How to Apply:
To Apply for this Job register or login to https://recruitment.mdh.or.tz/ and from the Dashboard click on Search Vacancies button.
The deadline for submitting the application is 2 December 2022.