PATH is currently seeking a qualified Hospital Management System Project Lead for an upcoming CDC-funded program, “Health Information System Development, Project Management and Coordinated Deployment for National HIV and Health Sector Systems in the Republic of Tanzania under the Global Health Security Agenda and under PEPFAR”. The project’s goal is to increase the ability of information systems to support high quality patient centered services, data quality, and subsequent use at all levels to achieve current and emerging health sector objectives. The project will work closely with the Government of Tanzania and health system stakeholders to organize the building, implementation, and scale up of Tanzania’s HIS and manage vendors/sub-partners to support the evolution and integration of the national HIS. The project will increase ability of systems to support use of data from linked systems, support patient-centered clinical services, and use of data for monitoring and programmatic decision-making.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. International development and global health represent one of the greatest opportunities for the impact of digital technologies on a global scale. New technologies, approaches and tools are emerging daily, unfortunately into a fragmented and immature digital health market landscape that currently limits their promise to transform country health systems and accelerate and amplify progress towards national and global health goals.
The Hospital Management System Project Lead will play a key role in leading a successful implementation of hospital management systems. They will be responsible for providing technical support to bring about the successful completion of milestones and objectives per the project workplan and deliverables, in coordination with all project stakeholders and partners.
Position is contingent upon award to PATH.
- Ensure that technical quality and standards are maintained during project implementation.
- Work with HIS stakeholders to understand the requirements for hospital management systems and analyze any requirement discrepancies identified.
- Identify and evaluate digital technologies based on: fitness for purpose, total cost of ownership, system effectiveness and business models.
- Lead software development efforts by interacting and collaborating with stakeholders and software developers to create software specifications, working software prototypes, new features and enhancements/integrations with existing software tools.
- Lead software deployment efforts by coordinating vendors and stakeholders of the hospital management systems at all levels of the health system.
- Coordinate system testing efforts by providing timely written and verbal technical expertise and test plans for new feature/software releases and conducting unit testing of new feature/software before release.
- Assist in the development and enforcement of system architectural decisions and development standards, in alignment with GoT designated architecture and standards.
- Manage vendor/service provider relationships and service level expectations associated with the development and ongoing operations of hospital systems.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in digital health/eHealth systems implementation, including system development, testing, and deployment, in Tanzania
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies, Computing, Information Systems or related subjects
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills including substantial hands-on experience in complex process analysis and system design where scope is relatively undefined.
- Experience with creation of functional requirements, prototyping solutions, driving gap analysis sessions, prioritizing scope to build short- and long-term roadmaps for system development.
- Experience as key contributor on integrated solution designs and deliverables of projects that are cross functional and large scale with a long-term roadmap in place.
- Demonstrated learning and contributing beyond scope of current assignments and incorporating those learnings into their role.
- Able to create a highly collaborative work environment consisting of both technical and subject matter experts.
- Knowledge of HIV HIS landscape in Tanzania.
- Detailed-oriented with a proven history as a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to present complex technical information to a non-technical audience, with the ability to provide the appropriate level of detail.
- Must possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal at a leadership team level.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Tanzania