Reports to: HTS Advisor
Location: Mbeya HQs
Contract: One year, with option(s) to renew
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support in the development of approaches and strategies for mobilizing partner organizations and communities for the establishment or strengthening of HTS strategies and activities;
- Liaise and consult regularly with the HTS Advisor, relevant authorities, partner organizations, community leaders and beneficiaries in relation to the planning, design and implementation of HJFMRI/MHRP and partner HTS activities;
- Support the development of integrated, innovative and gender sensitive interventions for the provision of comprehensive HTS services for key populations and priority populations and their sexual partners;
- Provide technical support in implementation of new initiatives targeting men and Adolescent Girls and Young Women to increase identification, enrolment and retention into care and treatment services;
- Build the capacity of the partner organizations to deliver high-quality HIV Testing Services;
- Provide on-going support through coaching, supervision visits and mentoring to partner organizations and HJFMRI/MHRP staff in implementing HTS activities;
- Document, consolidate and disseminate knowledge and information regarding best practices, lessons learned, and proven approaches both within and outside of HJFMRI/MHRP;
- Ensure quality implementation, achievement of results for activities within partner projects, and collaborate with other Outreach and other HJFMRI/MHRP program departments to ensure effective and coordinated teamwork;
- Collaborate with partners to develop quality assurance (QA) mechanisms and ensures that QA mechanisms are in place and functional;
- Work with HTS Advisor to develop annual work plans, budgets and reports for HTS activities; and ensure integration of project activities into wider HJFMRI/MHRP annual plans;
- Travel within the Southern Highlands for the purpose of program management, continued service development, implementation and evaluation of service delivery;
- Liaise with the M&E Department to ensure that Community HTS components are functional (e.g. clarity of indicators, quality of M&E data collection tools, data quality and reporting);
- Develops and maintain good working relationships with partners, government Authorities within the Regions of coverage;
- Providetechnical assistance to other HJFMRI programs and initiatives including CBHS, Prevention, GBV, Mwanaume Jitambue (MJ) initiative, DREAMS , Lab & other projects as needed;
- Perform any other assignment or duties that may be required to support the general program
- A degree in Medicine, Nursing, Counseling, Psychology, Social work, Sociology or other HIV and AIDS related discipline.
- Postgraduate training in Public Health is an added advantage.
- At least five years of progressive responsibilities in HIV program management and technical experience in clinic and community based settings, preferably in an outreach context;
- At least five years of experience with HTS programs;
- Demonstrable experience in developing health education materials a plus;
- Knowledge of the current developments and best practices in the field of HIV and AIDS prevention, globally and in Tanzania
- Ability to use standard software applications (Word, Power Point, Excel, etc.)
- Good communication skills; ability to troubleshoot; ability to work independently and supervise others.
- Must be diplomatic and culturally sensitive, with excellent communications skills.
- 50% travel required
HOW TO APPLY
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable courier to the Senior Manager, Human Resources, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya, or transmitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birthplace, or tribal and/or religious affiliations. Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment. Hand delivery applications will not be accepted. Deadline for submission of the application is February 25th, 2020. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed in the job description below will not be considered.
Go to our Homepage To Get Relevant Information.