Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by an Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 amended by Parliament of Tanzania in September 2019. TRCS was recognised and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963.
National Societies are recognized by the host Governments as auxiliary to the public authorities in the humanitarian field, meaning that they supplement or support the public authorities in this area. As such, they are equipped to partner with the Governments in the fulfillment of national humanitarian responsibilities.
TRCS is the largest and most dependable local partner in delivering humanitarian services in United Republic of Tanzania. TRCS has an active network in all regions in Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Most importantly and because of its credibility, Tanzania Red Cross Society receives supports from a broad range of partners including the International Federation Red Cross and Red Crescent (IFRC), the International Committee of Red Cross (ICRC), the American Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red CrossFlanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the China Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Partners from UN Agencies are UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP and UNFPA; and other partners are the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM, JHPIEGOand PACT Tanzania.
If you think you meet competencies, qualified, ambitious, efficient, energetic and ready for the challenge, please apply for the following openings at Tanzania Red Cross Society.
Current existing staff and volunteers of Tanzania Red Cross Society are encouraging to apply.
Duties applicable to all staff:
- Work towards the achievement of the Tanzania Red Cross goals in Tanzania, through effective managerial and lateral relations and teamwork.
- Ensure understanding of roles, responsibilities, lateral relationships and accountabilities.
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the supervisor/ line manager.
- Share and act in accordance with the Red Cross/Red Crescent fundamental principles and humanitarian values.
POSITION : HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
Job Title : Human Resource and Administration Manager
Reporting to : Deputy Secretary General (Administratively) and Secretary General (Technically)
Duty Station : Dar es Salaam Age Limit : Not above 50 Years.
Posts : 1
- Responsible for the day-to-day Human Resources and Administration functions of the Tanzania Red Cross Society.
- Keep official records pertaining to Human Resources of TRCS. iii. In-charge of the Society’s registry. Keeps track of all the assets and other properties belonging to the Society.
- Custodian of ordinary correspondences and files. vi. Management of estates, properties, vehicles and plants of TRCS
vii. To approve TRCS payrolls.
- English language fluency (written and verbal) and excellent writing skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and public
- High level of confidence and confidentiality
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and yet be able to deliver high quality products
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Public Administration.
- At least three years of work experience in a senior HR management position preferably in humanitarian organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in both local and international labor laws and practices.
- Additional academic qualification in law or estate management is an added advantage.
- Proven ability and sensitivity to work in multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to network effectively with partners, staff/volunteers, donors and stakeholders. A team player with good communication and negotiation skills.
viii. Demonstrated proficiency and attributes in Human Resources knowledge and skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and adhere to professional code of conduc
- Ability to treat all staff and volunteer with respect, without prejudice
- Ability to provide high quality and ethical service for the benefit of National Society Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy
- Ability to be flexible and manage stress
- Ability to support Tanzania Red Cross Society Calling and adhere to the Tanzania Red Cross Society Code of Conduct
Mode of Application:
Interested candidates with the required qualifications and experience are advised to submit their application letters to the address mentioned below; together with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating names and contacts of at least three referees; certified copies of academic certificates; Birth Certificate or National ID or Passport (Provide only one document) and other relevant awards.
Applications may be submitted directly by hand delivery to either TRCS Headquarter – Dar es Salaam Office; TRCS Kigoma Office; TRCS Ngaraganza Office – Kasulu District; TRCS Makere Office – Kasulu District, TRCS Kibondo – RFL Office and TRCS Mtendeli Office – Kakonko District.
No applications will be received/considered through email or any other form of online submission.
Only short listed candidates meeting the minimum set criteria will be invited for interview. If you do not hear from us within two weeks after the application deadline you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) does not CHARGE A FEE at any stage of the recruitment process.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to TRCS – HR Department through Organizational Official Email: [email protected].
The Secretary General,
Tanzania Red Cross Society,
Mwai Kibaki Road, Mikocheni B, Plot No. 53, Block ‘C’,
P.O Box 1133,
DAR ES SALAAM
Tanzania Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
The deadline for submission is 24thJanuary 2020 by 16.00 Hrs.
- Total Jobs 105 Jobs
- Location Arusha