The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position below.
|Position Title:||Human Resources Assistant|
|Vacancy Number:||Dar es Salaam – 2021-017|
Strategic Recruitment and Selection 50%
Manages the local recruitment and onboarding program. This includes developing strategic recruitment best practices and following polices and guidelines to prepare vacancy announcements, qualifying applicants (forwarding only those qualified to supervisors), facilitating testing and interviewing, consulting with the selecting official on candidates, and managing onboarding processes as appropriate. Uses the Department approved Electronic Recruitment Application as the applicant management tool and ensures compliance with its use. Partners with the selecting official to develop a strategic recruitment plan for the vacancy. Advises selecting official on recruitment standards, hiring preferences and ensures compliance regarding EEO, nepotism, and other prohibitions. Responsible for creating and delivering all communication to applicants.
Overseas Personnel System (OPS): 20%
Responsible for processing of all types of personnel actions, including employment, within range increases (WRIs), reassignments, extensions, suspensions, leave without pay, grade retentions, resignations, reduction-in-force (RIF), separations, retirements, and correction actions via OPS for all LE Staff.
Conducts orientation/briefing sessions for new employees and informs them of post’s policies. Explains terms and conditions of employment, benefits and allowances.
Manages post’s training program for LE Staff as per the allocated budget for each fiscal year on courses administered through Foreign Service Institute (FSI) or other various training institutes. Provides assistance with finding relevant courses, schedules and logistical arrangements for workshop participants.
Official Residence Expenses (ORE) Staff service: 10%
Facilitates hiring of ORE staff of Ambassador/Deputy Chief of Mission/Consul General which includes advertising vacant positions, screening of applications, arranging interviews with hiring officials, and coordinating with Regional Security Office (RSO) for security clearances and medical service provider for medical clearances of selected applicants. Prepares contract/conditions of employment. Provides guidance and advice to the Front Office in relation to their staff employment.
Other Administrative Duties: 10%
Oversees development and maintenance of all HR information resource files including HR subject matter files and Official Personnel Folders (OPFs). Ensures all OPFs and evaluation folders are properly secured, and that access is limited to authorized personnel. Extracts information from various automated and written files to generate a variety of recurring draft reports and statistical data for the HR section.
Maintains Mission’s staffing pattern, adding/deleting authorized positions, posting all types of action affecting employees in each position, such as new titles, grades, step increases, and due date of WRIs. Makes recommendations in the event that a major staff restructuring is required for a specific section.
*Note: This standard job position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties as assigned by the agency.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum three years of progressively responsible experience in human resources or administrative field is required.
- Education Requirements:
- Completion of two years of general college studies is required.
- LANGUAGE: Good working knowledge (Reading/Writing/Speaking) in English is required. Good working knowledge (Reading/Writing/Speaking) in Kiswahili is required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- The U.S. Mission in Tanzania offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- To apply for this position, applicants MUST apply electronically via ERA.
For more information, visit this link https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
- Required Documents:
- In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of 2 years College Certificate
- Proof of Citizenship
- Other 2 (if any)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted only via email.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Tanzania.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required is available at:
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants MUST follow instructions in the notice on the website: Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
Previous applicants do not need to reapply.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted only via email.
The deadline for submitting the application is 19 April 2021