Position: Human Resources Officer (1 post)
Reports To: Human Resources Manager
Work Station: Dar es Salaam
Apply By: November 7, 2022
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research, service delivery and policy translation.
Ifakara Health Institute is seeking a qualified and experienced Human Resources Officer. The officer will be responsible for efficient and effective recruitment planning, selection services, onboarding, contract management, staff development, performance management and other HR activities. The officer will ensure that sufficient people are recruited, retained, trained and supported to fulfill the institute’s goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading all the steps of the recruitment cycle in line with Recruitment Guidelines and HR best practices.
- Carry out induction/onboarding to all new hires timely with all the major topics and that the inductions are as per the IHI standards.
- Manage the transition process as a result of transfer, retirement, redundancy or termination of a contract.
- Oversee all benefits and compensation offered as per the organizational manual.
- Advises and informs employees of changes and developments related to benefits including eligibility, coverage, and provisions.
- Coordinate monthly employee insurance programmes.
- Manage timely records of staff data on HR Information Systems (HRIS).
- Keep up-to-date employee records with all relevant information.
- Review job descriptions and ensure that all jobs are in line with IHI standards.
- Monitoring staff performance and attendance and advising on employee performance problems.
- Managing statutory requirements such as a pension, HESL, WCF, etc.
- Develop and coordinate training and development programs.
- Dealing with disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Prepare staff contracts and ensure timely signing of the contract and filling/upload of the same in employees’ personal files/system.
- Coordinate and follow-up permit(s) for foreign employees and collaborators and submit returns to Migration and the Ministry of Labour.
- Manage staff timesheets, leave, advance and loan.
- Perform any other job-related duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or any related field.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the NGO sector.
- Experience in handling bulk recruitments within a short period of time.
- Experience in handling disciplinary cases.
- Experience in using HR systems.
- Proven experience and ability to coordinate and collaborate with different departments.
- Experience in leading teams, coaching and mentoring.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft -system.
Skills and Competencies • Knowledge of Labour laws.
- Ability to provide training.
- Ability to multitask and deal with a range of incoming enquires.
- Confidentiality- the ability to handle with care staff sensitive information and refrain from gossiping about this information and maintain their professionalism and ethics at all times.
- Excellent organization and communication skills -clear writing to avoid miscommunication and minimize back-and-forth emails; critical listening.
- Attention to detail in all tasks performed.
- Excellent experience in conflict resolution.
- Strong organizational skills as well as interpersonal.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Monday, November 7th 2022. All e-mail application subject lines should include: HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER – DAR. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Email: [email protected]