Impala is Trafigura’s wholly-owned warehousing and logistics company for metals, minerals, and coal. Impala has around 25 operational locations, and is active in more than 20 countries.
Trafigura is one of the world’s leading independent commodity trading and logistics houses. The Company is owned by around 600 of its 4,100 employees who work in 61 offices in 36 countries around the world. Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD12 billion in 2003 to USD98.1 billion in 2016. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
Manage the forwarding, customs, warehousing, shipping and administration teams in accordance with Impala SOP’s and ensure relevant KPI’s are met and exceeded on a consistent basis
• Manage the forwarding, customs, warehousing, shipping and administration teams in accordance with Impala SOP’s and ensure relevant KPI’s are met and exceeded on a consistent basis;
• Manage implementation of end to end logistics solutions, ensure clear, concise SOP’s for all projects to meet our customer requirements;
• Prepare daily, weekly, monthly management reports and operations monitoring reports e.g. track, trace and exception reporting, operational plans, performance and exceptions, trend & variance analysis;
• Efficient planning and coordination of modes of transport (rail, road and shipping), warehousing and port operations to ensure accurate and timely execution of all customer orders with maximum efficiency;
• Revenue management – arrange timely and accurate quotations to clients, payment to suppliers, invoicing to clients, reconciliation and closure of projects profit and loss accounts and record keeping;
• Understand the business and operate widely, cooperate with and consider other relevant departments in terms of business, controls, related processes and problem solving;
• material allocation by project/shipment
• warehouse and port operations planning and execution by Project
• Liaising with customs and clearing agents
• Liaising with port authorities and port operators
• Liaising with hauliers and rail companies
• All administration and communication around each Project including but not limited to the ERP (Navitrans), Reporting (Qlickview, excel, .ppt)
o Management of Data Retention (e.g. POD’s) on in-house system (Alfresco).
o Review and Reporting of all stocks (Warehouse, GIT and Shipments)
• Support Business development – work with local and regional teams to develop & implement new business;
• People management: 1) Identify and communication KPI’s for the team, 2) help individuals in the team become stronger in their functions 3) drive team work and team cooperation within the team and with other related teams as well as performance management (Management by objectives);
• Provide effective coaching methods to direct the operations team to plan, organise, prioritise and execute work and ensure compliance with all operational deadlines;
• Drive continuous improvement of all operations, clients service, and use of IT systems;
• Comply to country specific regulations;
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
– Minimum of 5 years’ experience in freight forwarding (road, rail, ocean), warehousing and port operations in Africa (preferably Tanzania)
– Minimum 3 years’ experience in managerial role & ability to manage team of minimum 20+ persons.
– Very Proficient IT skills in particular in Excel, Qlikview and Navitrans.
– Tertiary education in the relevant field.
– Strong interpersonal, prioritisation, negotiation and conflict resolutions skills.
– Attention to detail – analytical and ability to develop management reports.
– Fluent in spoken and written English, additional languages an advantage e.g. Swahili, French.
– Finance & Accounting – qualification/in depth knowledge and understanding of budgets, pricing, profit and loss statements and balance sheets.
– Strong understanding of warehousing, customs clearing, port services, transport (road, rail and shipping) and operations management;
– QHSEC trained/strong experience;
– Open mentality, proactive and strong problem solving ability
Impala Terminal teams in Tanzania and Africa, customers and suppliers