Sikonge District Council in collaboration with Management Development for Heath (MDH) has a pleasure to invite suitable candidates to fill the following contracted vacancies.
Job title: Index Tester (7 posts)
Full time workstation: CTC for Index Tester
Reports to: CTC In-charge
- Should have at least a Certificate or Diploma in Nursing and must have a valid practice license. He/she should have an experience of 1-2 years in the field of expertise is added advantage
Index 1 ester requires extensive, current knowledge of the HIV prevention measures. Index Tester must enjoy working with other people, have a compassionate nature and be a good listener. A broad knowledge of diverse cultural beliefs and attitudes is often necessary when working with diverse population.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create awareness and education on the existence of HTS i.e. educating clients on all aspects of HIV diseases and treatment management as well as basic health lifestyles
- Serve as liaison between clinicians/clinics, individuals screened and care centers.
- To provide
- Provides on-going counseling and testing while maintaining confidentiality and patient rights.
- Provide psychosocial support and assist with linkage to referral services.
- To assess, document all referrals, make follow-up and report on referral outcomes.
- To monitor the quality of test kits using suitable control materials/samples from laboratory department.
- To be in line with current HTS protocols/guidelines to ensure correct testing services (periodic review of standard operating procedures with support from laboratory department).
- To ensure safe storage of HTS related items and to request/prepare all the necessary consumables for undertaking the HTS activities on time.
- To compile and submit HTS reports on weekly, monthly and/or quarterly to the HTS focal person on time.
- To keep accurate HTS records (HTS registers, reports and referral/linkage reports)
- To work with team member to monitor quality improvement plans with regards to the established performance targets/indicators.
- Ensure HIV testing is performed according to the National HIV Testing algorithm.
- To carry out any other duties that may be required by supervisor.
All applications will be received not be later than 18th September 2020 at 03.30 PM. All applications should be directed through the email [email protected] or through the address below:
District Executive Director,
P O. BOX 70,
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter, certified copies of academic certificates and an updated CV (3 pages maximum). All applications must be submitted physically or via post mail.
No applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.