Pact Inc. is an international non-profit organization with its headquarters in Washington, DC. Pact serves communities challenged by poverty and marginalization because we envision a world where everyone owns their future.To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses and government. Our goal is thriving, resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact Tanzania is looking for an individual Consultant to Document children in the mining communities service delivery model for future replication
Location: Dar es salaam, Bukombe, Chunya, and Songwe, Tanzania Period: June/July 2020 (approximately 30 days)
Pact is working in partnership with Elizabeth Glaser Paediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF), Ifakara Health Institute (IHI), and Railway Children of Africa (RCA to implement a USAID Kizazi Kipya is a five-year project (July 2016 to June 2021) funded by the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).The project aims to enable one million Tanzanian orphans and vulnerable children (OVC), adolescents, and young people including the hard to reach children laborers and child minersaffected by HIV/AIDS to utilize age-appropriate HIV/AIDS-related and other services for improved care, health, nutrition, education, protection, livelihoods, and psycho-social well-being.
Under the guidance of Pact’s Senior Technical Advisor, the consultant will provide a synthesis of best practices on delivering comprehensive children in the mining communities service delivery model focusing on HIV related services for the period 2018-2020. The consultant is expected to document the services provided and the methods and/or approaches used to deliver the services and share best practices relevant to a wider scale or have the potential to become best practices. The aim of this is to capture and share practices and experiences to build collective knowledge and inform best practices from CIM service package delivery.
The overall objective of the consultancy is to synthesize and document the approaches, services, means of service delivery, lessons learned and best practices from the implementation of the Kizazi Kipya children in mining communities with a focus on comprehensive HIV related services
Specifically, the Consultant is expected;
- To identify from the existing reports, implementing partners, stakeholders, beneficiaries and field interventions the approaches, services, means of service delivery, lessons learned and best practices with a focus on comprehensive HIV related services.
- To undertake further in-depth analysis and documentation of the approaches, services, means of service delivery, lessons learned, and best practices with a focus on comprehensive HIV related services and recommendations for future replication.
- To lead stakeholder’s consultation workshop to review and validate the identified approaches, services, means of service delivery, lessons learned, and best practices with a focus on comprehensive HIV related services and recommendations for future replication.
Qualification and Experience
- Master’s Degree in the field(s) relevant to fulfill the duties and responsibilities as described above
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a position(s) in child labor programming
- Experience of similar work.
- Experience with mining communities is a plus
- Experience in Tanzania.
Skills and attributes:
- Team player, self-starter, & enthusiastic
- Excellent English written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to engage others and demonstrated interest in building the personal capacity and skills of other people.
- Creative and analytical thinker
InterestedcandidatesshouldrequestforthefullTermsofReferencethrough email to [email protected] by Friday 29th May 2020.
Please submit the following by email.
- Cover letter, including daily consultancy rate and terms
- Biodata form (please request this from [email protected])
- Consultant Daily rate quote
- Contacts for three past professional references related to similar job assignments. Email the application [email protected]
Deadline is 2pm EAT Wednesday June 3, 2020;
- Late or incomplete application will not be accepted.
- The Application that complies with all the specifications/requirements and offers value for money, as well as all other evaluation criteria indicated in the TOR, shall be selected.
- Pact may cancel solicitation and not award.
- Pact may reject any or all responses received.
- Issuance of request for proposal/application does not constitute a contract commitment by Pact.
- Pact reserves the right to disqualify any offer based on offeror failure to follow the solicitation instructions.
- Pact reserves the right to waive minor proposal deficiencies that can be corrected prior to award determination to promote competition.
Be cautious: Never pay for securing a job: No Real employer seeks any fee from a job-seeker at any stage of the hiring process. MABUMBE does not charge candidates for job applications or job offers. Mabumbe.com is committed to ensuring that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities. Report any employer asking Money from you.
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts!