The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E.2002) and became operational in 1980. NIMR-Mwanza Research Centre (MMRC) is one of the NIMR Centers located in Mwanza The Centre is currently conducting research on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, non-communicable diseases (NCDs) as well as other diseases of public health importance. The National Institute for Medical Research is looking for the qualified, experienced and well-motivated personnel to fill various vacant positions to work with LINEA and PARENT APP Projects. Duty station will be at NIMR Mwanza Centre.
- LINEA PROJECT: This is the cluster randomized controlled trial assessing the impact of a complex social norm intervention involving a tailor-made radio-drama program and curricula based information targeting adolescent girls aged 13 to 15 years and older men to prevent Age-Disparate Transactional Sex. This project is collaboration between NIMR, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and Amani Girls Home. NIMR will lead the study evaluation activities which involve both quantitative and qualitative data collection methods. The quantitative components will include questionnaire-based surveys among cohort participants and community members; while the qualitative part will involve in-depth interviews and focus group discussions with targeted cohort participants.
- PARENT APP PROJECT: NIMR is collaborating with the University of Oxford, UK and University of Cape Town, South Africa to conduct a two-arm cluster randomised controlled trial to test the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of ParentApp (an evidence-based parenting app for parents and caregivers of adolescents aged 1018 years) on improving parenting, reducing violence and assessing processes and outcomes which address parenting skills that promote holistic adolescent development, specifically related to executive function and social integration using a learning through play approach. The study is being conducted in two regions – Mwanza and Shinyanga in Tanzania.
Job Position: Information And Technology Expert (2 Posts)
REPORTING: The post holder will be reporting to the Research Manager
The Information and communication expert will be tasked with troubleshooting participants’ phones to facilitate the installation of a parenting digital intervention and training researchers with the aim of ensuring that all researchers are equipped with key digital skills and are able to troubleshoot issues to facilitate the installation of the parent application and to sustain its functioning on the phone.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To Troubleshoot problems affecting the installation of the parent app on the study participant’s phone;
- To provide participants with instructions on how to operate their phones;
- To maintain rapport with participants by examining complaints regarding phones and identifying solutions;
- To document service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records;
- To install the parent app to demonstrate the successful performance of the app as per the participants’ expectations;
- To fix the problems arising after installing the app;
- To communicate with the app developers to troubleshoot issues related to the performance of the parenting app; and
- To perform any other related duty assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCES:
- Holder of a Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- At least one year of work experience in developing mobile applications, configuring devices and managing mobile applications.
TERMS OF SERVICE:
One (1) year contract which may be renewed on annually based on performance and mutual agreement.
The successful candidate will be based at NIMR Mwanza Centre.
A competitive salary will be offered as per project budget
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- The application letter should be written in English.
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with a reliable contact.
- Applicants must attach relevant certified copies of academic certificates, including forms four and six.
- Application letters should be attached with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
All applications should be addressed to:
National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) Mwanza Centre,
Mwanza. Or through email: [email protected]
- Total Jobs 69 Jobs
- Location Dar es Salaam