US MISSION DARES SALAAM
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT Readvertised
- Announcement Number:
- Hiring Agency:
- Embassy Dar Es Salaam
- Position Title:
- Information Management Assistant (All interested candidates)
- Open Period:
- 12/12/2019 – 12/31/2019Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone:
- LE – 1805 7
- TZS TSh26,554,577
- Work Schedule:
- Full-time – 40 hours a week work schedule
- Promotion Potential:
- Duty Location(s):
- 1inDar Es Salaam, TZ
- Telework Eligible:
- For More Info:
- HR Section
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Information Management Assistant.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Occasional Travel
Troubleshooting, solving operating systems issues: 50%
Information Systems Assistant will provide first tier end-user support which will encompass troubleshooting, solving operating systems issues, network and desktop application software problems. He or she will need to respond to work-orders as they are assigned and complete on time per the International Cooperative Administrative
Support Services (ICASS) standards. ISA will also perform routine network administrative tasks, password resets and new user account creation. He or she will also provide basic introductory and follow-up training to Mission users, including Direct-Hires and Locally Employed Staff. The ISA will also assist the Senior Computer Management Specialist/Systems Manager in maintaining inventories of all computer supplies, hardware and software, including serial numbers, user assignment, cabling diagrams, system configurations, network maps, reference books and training videos and ensure that post receives the correct amount of Global IT Modernization Program Refresh equipment annually. ISA will install and configure workstations, peripherals, laptops, printers, scanners, servers, and network switches. He or she will also perform routine maintenance on all computer equipment and Local Area Network/Wide Area Network systems.
Point of contact for all mobile device issues: 30%
The ISA will serve as the primary point of contact for all mobile device issues. He or she will be responsible for configuring new mobile devices, wiping and reissuing used mobile devices and troubleshooting mobile device hardware and software issues. The ISA will also be expected to provide XenMobile, GO and Hard/Soft token
support and create training materials and provide end-user training as needed. He/she will work closely with the Radio and Telephone section staff, Budget and Finance Office users, and the commercial service provider to ensure timely and accurate billing; ensure voice capabilities meet the needs of users and to coordinate service
calls and changes in class of service.
Support the unclassified post’s LAN network at post: 20%
The ISA will work with other Information System Center (ISC) staff, post’s telephone and radio technician and other LES in all areas required to support the unclassified LAN network at post. This will include running and terminating Cat 5/6 or fiber optic cable and the installation and maintenance of workstations. As directed by the
Information Systems Officer or Systems Manager, the ISA will assist in installing or relocating computer and telephone drops within Embassy offices, CMR, DCR or ACC.
Job holder will perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: At least two years in technical and administrative positions with emphasis on utilization of computer systems, Local Area Network operations and administration is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of computer hardware, software, networking, and administration is required.
- Education Requirements:
- Completion of Advance Level Secondary School Education (Form VI) is required.
- LANGUAGE: Level III (good working knowledge) (speaking writing and reading) in English and Kiswahili is required. (this may be tested)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits. .
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
To apply for this position, applicants MUST apply electronically via ERA
For more information, visit this link https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
- Required Documents:
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- High School Certificate
- Proof of Citizenship
- Copy of work permit (if not a resident)
- Other (if any)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted only via email.
CLOSING DATE: December 31, 2019
Be cautious: Never pay for securing a job: No Real employer seeks any fee from a job-seeker at any stage of the hiring process. MABUMBE does not charge candidates for job applications or job offers. Mabumbe.com is committed to ensuring that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities. Report any employer asking Money from you.
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts!