Career with BRAC Tanzania Finance Tanzania
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organisation, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflictprone and post-disaster settings. It is an organisation of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the nonprofit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002, and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programmes and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender and human rights. BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
BRAC TANZANIA FINANCE LIMITED (BTFL) is the largest Microfinance organization in Tanzania with a mission to responsibly provide a range of financial services to people at the bottom of the pyramid. We particularly focus on women living in poverty in rural and hard-to-reach areas to create self-employment opportunities, build financial resilience, and harness women’s entrepreneurial spirit by empowering them economically.
BRAC Tanzania Finance LTD is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individual to fill up the following position;
Job Title: Infrastructure and Cybersecurity Manager
Job Location: Dar es Salaam
Responsible to ensure the efficient and cybersecure design, installation, and operation of IT infrastructure at all data centers (physical or cloud-based).
- Works with the Management and strategic service partners to design systems architecture, build and deployment
- Monitors and ensures high quality IT service partner service delivery Provides expert infrastructure support to all IT project implementations. • Significantly contributes to achieving the IT department’s strategic objectives and ensures effective solutions are created and implemented to meet business requirement
- Ensures an effective and validated Disaster Recovery infrastructure exists for each branch office
- Develops and maintains a cybersecurity and infrastructure system monitoring strategy, using an effective tool portfolio
- Creates a communication plan to ensure all team members are well-informed of architecture standards, implementation guidelines and process expectations
- Acts as the lead systems architect for all system design and implementation activities
- To protect all cloud data via effective security, storage, backup/recovery and disaster recovery techniques
- Ensures that all implementation initiatives follow established change management policies/ITIL compliant processes
- Maintains up-to-date asset and licensing inventories at Head office and branch offices
Safeguarding job responsibilities
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation to achieve the program’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance, and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Information technology or any other related field. Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) and ITIL V3 Foundation is an added advantage
- More than 5 years of experience in managing technical and infrastructure services
- Must have proven leadership skills and strategic planning capability
- Must be ITIL certified and certified in Cybersecurity
- Experience with applications and database is a plus
- Must have experience with Disaster Recovery System Design and Recovery Planning
- Experience with Enterprise Systems Monitoring and Management Tools required
- Ability to work effectively and maintain partnerships with service vendors
- Requires an understanding of, and a commitment to advancing the mission and core values of BRAC International and, the ability to incorporate them into the job setting and articulate them to staff
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Change Management
- Project Management
- Persuading and influencing
- Implementation and management of infrastructure platforms or components like Unix, Windows, Storage Technologies, Databases, Middleware, Capacity Management, etc.
- Proficient in Networking and Communications
- Allocate and manage the resources, support and infrastructure required for any IT projects, products and services
How to apply:
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please apply by sending your CV and cover letter through email at: [email protected] with a subject “Infrastructure and Cybersecurity Manager”.
Application deadline is 25.11. 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.
- Total Jobs 49 Jobs
- Location Dar es Salaam