ActionAid is an international anti-poverty agency working in over 47 countries, taking sides with People living in poverty and exclusion to end poverty and injustice together.
Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply
ActionAid started its operation in Tanzania in 1998. ActionAid Tanzania (AATZ) envisions seeing Tanzania without poverty, injustice and inequality in which every person enjoys sustainable development and a right to a life of dignity. Currently, AATZ is looking for a qualified, experienced and self-motivated person to fill in the following posts:
Position Title: Inspirator on Civic Participation for Kilwa LRP
- Enhanced meaningful participation of young men and women in decision making processes through mobilization and engagement in the existing government structures, and governance processes.
- Strengthen the capacity of the Local Rights Program and partners in area of civic participation
Required skills & core competences
First Degree/Advanced Diploma in Sociology, Social Work or Development Studs /Political science with two years’ experience in youth development field related
- Experience in advocacy and campaign work.
- Experience in working as volunteer and ability to be adaptable and flexible.
- Experience in young people mobilization in developing countries.
- Coordination of young people movements/ networks/alliances.
Duty station: Kilwa
Note: All applicants must visit our website for full job description for each position whereby you will see the details of the skills, competencies and other qualifications required. Website: www.tanzania.actionaid.org
Type of contract: Fixed term contract – One year
To apply, submit your motivation letter and updated curriculum vitae. Please do not attach your certificates at this stage. Please, state your gross salary expectation per month in the motivation letter. Send your application through E-mail: [email protected];
14th March 2020 at 17.00hrs. Please clearly indicate “Application for ActionAid Tanzania the “position you are applying for” in your email subject.
Whilst all applications received will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. Due to the anticipated huge volume of applications, we regret that we can only respond to shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear from us after the deadline, then consider yourself not successful
- Total Jobs 18 Jobs
- Location Dar es Salaam