Established in 1951, the UN Migration Agency, IOM-UN is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and nongovernmental partners. The Organization is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants
As part of the IOM African Capacity Building Centre – ACBC, the intern will work under the direct supervision of the Project Officer (Curriculum Development) and overall supervision of the Migration Management Specialist, responsible for the supervision of the related activities.
Under the supervision of the Project Officer and the ACBC team and in accordance with the overall direction of the Senior Migration Management Specialist, the candidate will perform a variety of tasks, subject to the team’s workload and priorities at the time of the internship.
The candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Assist in standardizing all existing products and templates such as info sheets, presentation, reports.
2. Assist in the layout of reports, information sheets, and other publication materials.
3. Develop communication material and support internal and external communication.
4. Contribute to website makeover and content upgrade.
5. Assist in building / reorganizing a virtual library for the Centre.
6. Perform such other duties as may be required;
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Professionalism: Knowledge of the Organization’s rules and regulations as they pertain to the incumbent’s area of responsibility.
• Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills. Working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues and counterparts from diverse cultures and professional backgrounds.
• Communication: Ability to speak and write clearly and effectively.
• Planning and Organizing: Using time efficiently. Ability to prioritize assignments, allocate appropriate time for completing work and meet deadlines. Ability to work under pressure and handle a large volume of work in an efficient and timely manner. Self-driven, inventive, innovative, collegial, committed, efficient, accurate and prompt.
• Commitment to Continuous Learning: Initiative and willingness to learn new skills.
• Technological Awareness: Excellent computer skills; knowledge of MS Office. Knowledge of public information products software an asset.
• Trust: Reputation for dealing honestly and openly with staff. Respected by peers, clients and staff
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in communication, political science, or international relations or related field.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, good editing skills.
• Excellent computer skills with experience in social media & Microsoft Office.
• Openness to learning and growing within the internship experience.
Fluency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili Languages
• Female Applicants are encouraged to apply
• Knowledge of French Language
How to apply:
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating
Vacancy Notice number with 3 professional references and contacts to email@example.com Or send applications to the address below.
International Organization for Migration Mission in the United Republic of Tanzania
Slipway Road, off Chole Road, Plot # 1365 Msasani. PO Box 9270 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted & Vacancy is open for all nationalities worldwide.
10th February 2020 – 23rd February 2020
“All the vacancies announced by IOM Tanzania are completely free and candidates are not at any point requested to pay a fee for applying or during the recruitment process’’
Go to our Homepage To Get Relevant Information.