The Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT University) was built on the foundation of the former University College of Education Zanzibar (CEZ) established in 1998 by a Kuwait based charity organization, Direct Aid. As part of our expansion programme, SUMAIT University invites qualified Tanzanians and non Tanzanians to fill various academic and administrative vacant posts as follows:
Job title: Internal Audit Officer
Duty station: SUMAIT University
Reporting to: Board of Trustee
The Internal Auditor Officer has overall responsibility for the Internal Audit functions of the University. The position is responsible for ensuring Internal Audit is closely aligned with industry best practices in executing the duties across the University business and financial service sector at large. Works to ensure roles, responsibilities, and results are efficiently coordinated and collectively optimizing the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance of the University.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To lead Internal Audit’s change initiatives by implementing action plans relating to risk assessment and annual planning, audit execution, audit reporting, staff recruitment and development, audit technology, and Audit Committee reporting.
- To lead Internal Audit’s annual risk assessment and enterprise risk assessment and planning process to develop the audit plan and ensure the plan is responsive to and aligned with the risk profile of the University.
- To oversee the execution of individual audits defined in the audit plan ensuring the highest level of service quality and client satisfaction.
- To issue all Internal Audit reports ensuring the reports are clear, concise, identify root causes with practical solutions, and ultimately provide value to management.
- To meet regularly with the Audit Committee to report the status of Internal Audit’s ongoing monitoring activities, educate/inform the committee of emerging risks and/or exposures (whether internal or external to the bank) that should be considered, and serve as a “thought leader” with respect to risk management and internal control best practices.
- To proactively inform senior management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- Knowledge of Accounting and Finance Principles and Practices
- Knowledge of a variety of reporting procedures, regulations and law
- Planning and Time Management
- Effective Communication and Human Relations skills
- Critical Thinking and Analysis
- Technology Proficient (excel, word, ACL, ability to learn new software)
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & Finance or other closely related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is required. Those with Certified Internal Audit (CIA) or any other relevant professional qualification are encouraged to apply.
- A minimum of 3 or more years’ experience in auditing or managing finances of a financial institution with at least three (3) years in a Management role.
Mode of Application
Applicants should submit their applications supported by detailed Curriculum Vitae (C.V.), certified copies of their certificates, names and addresses of three non-relative referees who can be contacted for references.
Salary and Remunerations
SUMAIT University offers very attractive salary and remunerations according to the University’s Salary Scales.
Hand delivered application should reach Sumait University, Chukwani Street Zanzibar not later than 3:30hrs on 31 January, 2020. Or you can send your application through: Applications should be addressed to:
P.O. Box 1933,
Email at: [email protected]