The incumbent is responsible for carrying out risk based audit planning, reviewing financial and operational internal controls and ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, reviewing management accounts for accuracy and completeness, carrying out risk assessment of MCLs business activities and making practical recommendations.
Full Job Description
- Planning of audit assignments i.e. information gathering, risk assessment and analysis, internal controls review, determining scope and objectives, audit strategy and approach.
- Carry out financial, operational, administrative and information system audits.
- Carry out special audits and investigations.
- Identify and discuss control weaknesses and recommendations for improvement with management.
- Communicate and review audit results with management
- Report to the Board Audit Committee
- Review management accounts and generate regular exceptional analysis reports.
- Review economy and efficiency in use of company resources.
- Regular follow up of recommendations/action points and preparation of status reports.
- Provide advisory services to management when requested.
- Provide support to risk management activities
- Provide support to compliance review activities