Lindi Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (LUWASA) is autonomous Water Supply Institution mandated to provide water Supply and Sanitation services within Lindi Municipality. It was established m January 1998 under Section 3(1) of act NO 8 of 1997 and repealed by Act No 12 of 2009. To adequately fulfill its obligations is now inviting applications from suitably qualified and self- motivated Tanzanian of high personal integrity to apply for the following positions. Posted by Mabumbe
Title of the Position: Internal Auditor II ( 01 Post)
Scope of the position and expected output: Oversees Procedures and Regulations Governing Management of Financial Resources in the Authority
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Detection and prevention of errors, fraud and waste.
- Ensuring that LUWASA activities are done in accordance to the Waterworks Ordinance Act No. 8 of 1997 and its By-Laws,
- Participating in the investigative financial and performance audits.
- Ensuring that the Authority’s financial regulations, financial accounting system, procurement regulations and staff regulations are being complied.
- Ensuring that fixed assets and stocks are properly safeguarded, verified and accounted for.
- Making recommendations for the amendment or review of the financial accounting system, financial regulations, procurement regulations and staff regulations
- Advising the Authority’ on compliance with implementations of the Authority’s Strategic plan.
- Performing any other duties relevant to the scope of works as may be assigned by the Authority’.
Qualifications & Experience:
Graduate in Accountancy from recognised Institution and a CPA (T) or equivalent qualification He/she must be registered with NBAA in the category of “Authorized Auditor ’. Clear understanding of procedures and regulations governing management of financial resources m public organisation with at least three (3) years proven experience as senior auditor in a reputable organisation.
Age limit: 25- 35 years
Terms of Engagement: Unspecified period
All the posts cany attractive remuneration packages respectively, according to LUWASA’s Scheme of Service Modes of applications:
A hand written signed application letter attached with an updated curriculum vitae , for applicant employed in public service should route their applications through then respective employers, only qualified shortlisted candidates will be informed for interview.
Your application letter with Job title indicated on the envelope should reach the undersigned by 15th September 2019 before 16.30 pm
All applications should be directed to:
The Managing Director
Lindi Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
‘’ Women are highly encouraged to apply’’