Dreaming big is in our DNA. Brewing the world’s most loved beers and creating meaningful experiences is what inspires us. We are owners, empowered to lead real change, deliver on tough challenges, and take accountability for the results. We are looking for talent that shares these values, that is ambitious, bold & resilient. We want talent that is looking for fast career growth, cross-functional experiences, global exposure and robust training & development.
The Internal Controls Analyst is overall accountable for establishing and maintaining a strong control environment within the Africa Zone. This will be achieved by understanding and testing internal controls, providing recommendations on improvements, as well ensuring that the processes and systems governing internal controls are robust enough for risk identification and mitigation.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
Agile Ways of Working:
- As a squad team member, the analyst forms part of the agile ways of working and delivering as a collective team.
- Requires ownership of work on the sprint backlog, pushing the boundaries for excellent delivery and focus on root cause problem solving.
- Identify smarter and more efficient ways to test data driven and KPI driven controls within the business.
- Update, implement and maintain the Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) framework with local and global changes to risks, controls, control owners and any other required details;
- Map and document the detailed end to end process walkthrough (including RACI, SLA’s and document retention requirements) within the internal control SOP;
- Ensure compliance to policies is tested as part of the MICS control testing requirements;
- Provide training/guidance to control owners and controls executors on their understanding and execution of controls in accordance with the requirements of the MICS framework, aligned to local systems and processes;
- Benchmarking with other ABI Zones, best practice and legislative requirements, as well as other FMCG’s to improve control governance for the Africa Zone.
- Draft and complete quality working papers according to the Africa Zone Methodology;
- Identify design adequacy and control effectiveness gaps within the processes that create risk exposure and identify improvement opportunities to mitigate the risk;
- Identify the root cause for each of the control deficiencies identified and quantify the impact of the deficiency on the process and/or the business;
- Define sustainable recommendations for action plans that address the root causes identified;
- Obtaining quarterly DAG responses from DAG item/question owners.
- Stakeholder management (in-country).
- Bachelors Degree/Honours (Finance/Audit preferred) or equivalent is a requirement.
- More than 3 years business control, internal control or audit experience.
- Professional Qualification, i.e. Chartered Accountant, CIMA, CIA or equivalent will be beneficial.
- Understanding of the principles and application of good corporate governance and internal controls, with specific knowledge of the Africa corporate governance environment.
- Exposure to Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) sector preferred in the areas of manufacturing, distribution and finance would be advantageous.
- Understanding and experience of the nature and management of multi-national business operation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works effectively in a team environment and creates an environment which motivates the team.
- Strong time and project management skills.
- Experience in the use, evaluation and implementation of data analytics as a testing and risk monitoring approach.
- Computer literate with a good understanding of the utilization of Microsoft (Office, Excel, PowerPoint), SAP, GRC, ERP – Syspro, PowerBI, SQL and others,
- Good understanding control design and audit testing principles.
- Understanding of the Agile Ways of Working.
- Band: VII
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality. Internal applicants require Line manager approval. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than 16 May 2023.
- Total Jobs 86 Jobs
- Location Dar es Salaam